: seventeen :

Awkward silence filled the room. The clock blinking ten pm and the tv on low volume while Calum sat deep in thought beside Michael and snuck little glances at him when he wasn't looking.

Was he falling for him? It couldn't possibly happen so quickly, if anything he's just grown to be friends and that's the only reason why he should want to get to know him better and stay with him for a little while longer. He's been thinking about that, the short time they'll have together and if he wants it or not. On one side of things leaving the boy will help clear up his image and he can go back to living his life normally (well, his version of normal) and on the other side, he doesn't want to leave. Calum wants to stay and talk and just feel better because that's what Michael does for him. He helps him feel happy again and again.

Love isn't what he's feeling, no matter what those voicemails said he can sit here and honestly say he's just growing fond of Michael.

But he loves his eyes. Deep down in his dark cold heart there's this little corner that keeps on bringing some life into him, and for some odd reason that corner has Michael's name written all over it and it's not erasing from the cobweb-covered, weathered down walls of his heart. It's scaring him.

"Pizza?" Ashton reentered the room holding a plate out in suggestion to the two boys to offer, it was the same box from last night reheated but no one really cared. The pepperoni slice was snatched up by Michael, the only piece on the plate scarfed into his mouth as sauce lazily got on his chin and corner of his lips. Fond, Calum smiled.

It felt okay to say the least, they knew what had happened hours ago in the morning needed to be talked about since neither of them bothered to bring it up yet, and yeah, Michael never said sorry for the song book because Calum has yet to discover the leaked lyrics on twitter.

Low growls bubbled in Calum's stomach and the blonde beside him peered his head over in confusion only to offer the bitten pizza with a mouthful of it still being chewed in his mouth. His smile fell when the boy turned to face him, hiding it with a blank face and courteously taking the slice and biting off some for himself.

"It's almost midnight." Michael's head nodded towards the clock on the wall that ticked around on 11:29 pm, they've been staying awake all day and night to devise their strategy. As Michael put it earlier, one does not simply egg someone's house. And being the unexperienced teen Calum is, he sat back and listened to all of the different materials and certain techniques.

Ashton, of course, decided he was going to be a part of this because he's been feeling very vengeful ever since he snooped through the maori's bag and he has yet to get some sweet, sweet revenge on his ex-girlfriend. No one fought against him barging into this plan when he said he'd offer to carpool for the night.

"I know." The raven haired rockstar shifted on the couch so he could grab his phone from his back pocket, "Luke's supposed to get here any minute now." He figured if Michael had a friend, he'd want one by him too. Luke has the sort of capability to make sure his friend doesn't cross any boundaries or do something majorly illegal.

"Luke?" The curly haired boy across the room scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion, he's never even heard of this guy and all of a sudden he's joining them. The unknown name had him intrigued and Calum's eyes glanced up at him only to sigh, "He's an old friend of mine." Giving little detail of him only made the dimpled friend pout in a bit of a lost state. He can't even get a small description of this guy? What about some more information besides his relationship with the maori?

"He's nice, I like him." Michael added on to help Ashton out a bit and fill in some more facts but only a few, yet it still gave them something else besides being an old friend.