: fifty one :

Going out to celebrate sounded well deserved according to Calum who was driving down to the club with a very apprehensive Michael. The last time they went out it ended in a fist fight because Calum caught someone putting pills in the boy's drink. Now they're both going to try and just enjoy their night out, one of the very small amount of free days with his busy work schedule.

Michael chose to change out of his sweatshirt and into a muscle tee that exploited some rock band, his regular black jeans and combat boots to match. He never goes out, let alone to a place as expensive and exclusive as where Calum's taking him. The club was just a regular one, twenty one and older with a ton of bars and drinks, it's line was long and the wait was the same. But if you're famous you're let in without a second glance. You get into the exclusive side of the club and you're given free drinks and God knows what else.

"I just want to catch up with a couple friends and share a few beers, I won't get shit-faced." The maori was learning and starting to understand his limits, it was weird. He didn't stop his craving to be drunk because everyone was judging him for it, he stopped because he doesn't need that form of relief anymore.

"I'll drive us back to the hotel then, I don't think I want anything." Maybe Michael was a little skeptical of having any drinks now, but it wasn't something he really knew he was doing. It's just a lot more scary to leave his drink unattended and he never really liked alcohol in the first place so it's nothing out of the blue for him to say no to a drink.

"Perfect." His tone was curt as he steered his car to the very front of the club, red uv lights glowing over the door as people waited behind ropes impatiently, a guy trying to get in who was clearly not twenty one fought with the security guard as a worker came to park Calum's car for valet. He fixed his hair in the rearview mirror, he had it still curly but somewhat styled so they weren't hanging over his eyes (Michael liked it when he kept them natural and floppy but whatever).

Stepping out of the car was a lot more overwhelming than Michael had hoped for, the girls smiling at the famous boy, sending waves to him as a couple guys tried to get their girlfriends attention away from the boy who could literally steal them from their hands with a snap of his fingers. Though, he wouldn't because he has a very lovely man in his life already.

He tossed his car keys to the guy parking it for him and smiled as he took Michael's hand to walk him into the building that was pulsing with excitement and that's just from the outside. The constant thud of the music muffled as they walked past the line and only received a brief nod from the guard who let them pass right on through the door. Loud provocative music hitting their ears as Calum's eyes spotted the section for him in the back, his friends already sharing drinks and laughing over the music.

Michael felt Calum let go of his hand to adjust his position and sling an arm over his shoulders, trekking past an open area that lead them up to the booth where four guys and three girls all talked to each other with big smiles and one of them was probably already drunk.

"The man himself." A girl announced, being the first to see Calum arrive, her hand holding a drink, swirling the pinkish red liquid around with a triumphant smirk. Her hair was a deep black tied up in a high pony tail as her makeup stayed as high end as a model's would be (Michael wouldn't be surprised if she was one). Her outfit consisted of high heels, black shorts and a tight crop top exploiting some band he's never heard of.

When she smiled and her full, bright teeth flashed to the two people Michael instantly felt intimidated. Her nails were done and she looked like someone who could interest Calum so much more than he could. When he glanced up through his eyelashes he was surprised to see Calum staring back at him instead of at her.

"You good?" The maori sensed how off and on edge the smaller boy was in here, he didn't look as full of life and he seemed drained. He doesn't want this to make him bummed or ruin his night while it makes his. They both need to enjoy tonight or else it'll be unfair.