: seventy three :

Michael wakes up to the sound of something breaking. His eyes blink open fast as he hears grumbling curse words and the sound of footsteps shuffling closer. The party is over now, there's no more muffled music, he instinctively glances for something to wield as a weapon but only stops when Calum's body lifts itself up off the floor, the lamp from his nightstand is shattered to his left. Bits of the glass spread across the floor.

"Cal?" Michael's too tired to be mad at him right now. His first focus is to understand what he missed because now Calum's nose is bleeding and his shirt is not on his body.

"Stupid lamp." The maori's voice growls it out as he kicks loosely at some of the lamps remnants. He takes a sliver out of his forearm and flicks it onto the floor.

"What the fuck?" The redhead groans and rubs at his tired, foggy eyes. He only gets a sniffle as a response and the brunette kicks at the broken glass with bloodshot eyes.

His curls fall over his forehead and bounce as he shrugs. "Luke gave me the key." He's quiet but the once rowdy house is so silent that it's loud and clear. The maori's Australian accent is stronger than usual, he's wasted.

"Why is your nose bleeding?" His distinct tone is meant to sound angry but it still comes off as concerned no matter how hard he tries to hate him right now. He cares too much to even act that mad at him.

"He hit me." Calum is swaying as he takes another step closer to the bed but has to hold onto the nightstand for some balance, "I missed you."

Michael glances at the time. He only slept for five hours. He missed being with him for five hours.

The redhead slips out of the bed and walks up to face Calum, who's pouting at him like a child with his stupid big, brown eyes. It's not gonna work, not this time. He's not gonna forget about everything he did, even though he's all cute and sleepy with his actions and the fact his face looks adorable. He will not cave.

He takes the boys hand that's not covered in dried blood and leads him towards the conjoined bathroom. Although, it lacks a shower it has a sink and that's all he needs to help his drunk mess of a boyfriend.

"You're an idiot." He switches the water on as his hand reaches for the towel on the rack. The brunette flips the lights on and his face is bruised and bloody and his jaw is swollen on one side.

"Oh my God, you're actually an idiot." Michael uses his two fingers to turn the boy's head from side to side and watch the bruises appear more and more. He looks like he just got jumped, he knows for a fact Calum isn't weak, how did he get beat up this bad?

It takes the maori a couple seconds to react before he drops his head and shrugs, no words come out of his mouth.

"What happened?" Michael presses the subject back on his bloody nose.

"He hit me."

"I know, but how? Why? When?" Michael urges to get the gist of things because this is more than one punch, this is full on assault. He's lucky he has no cuts or wounds, he could've needed medical help.

Calum hisses from the damp towel wiping the blood from his hand.

"I wanted to see you." His lips hang open as if someone else will tell the rest of the story, he hesitates, then continues. "He said you needed space and that you didn't wanna see me. Told me you hate me and how it's all my fault if I stopped being such a fuck-up none of this would've happened. I didn't listen and tried to get through but he punched me to make me stop."

Michael's at a loss on this one. He can't tell him Luke's wrong, that he did the right thing, he can't tell him anything that's not a lie. He was acting stupid, he really didn't want to see Calum. Luke said everything the same way he would've if he was there.