+ten

Yeri woke up to the sound of someone knocking on their dorm door. Yeri was about to peel herself from her bed before she heard someone already getting up to get the door.

Yeri gave a small smile, knowing that she could go back to sleep. However, her sensitive ears made it hard since she could hear the door opening and a small amount of conversation. She then heard footsteps coming closer.

Yeri tore herself away from her bed and sat up with just enough time to see their bedroom door fly open. In her the doorway was two fuzzy figures. Yeri rubbed her eyes once and opened them once again. She then saw Jungkook in her doorway with Sua standing behind.

"Hi." He said and made his way straight to her.

"Yeri, you know him right?" Sua asked, pointing at him. Jungkook sat on her bed and Sua's eyes went even larger. She blinked hard. "I'm going to make some coffee." She said under her breath before leaving the room.

"What are you doing here, Jungkook?" Yeri asked, pulling the sheets up to her chest.

"I need to talk to you." He said bluntly.

Yeri bit her lip and glanced to the bunk bed that was above her. Koeun and Arin were still asleep in their beds and she knew that Koeun would be beyond mad if Yeri woke her up, especially to see Jungkook sitting on her bed. "Why don't we go take a walk?"

Jungkook nodded and Yeri moved off of her bed. She was thankful that she fell asleep with a sweatshirt and sweatpants on, even though it was mid-July.

Yeri and Jungkook easily made it out of the dorm and walked out into the hallway. Their dorm being at the top of the complex, they could stay in the hallway without anyone having to pass them or notice them.

"What's up?" Yeri asked, crossing her arms. She didn't want to seem distant, but Jungkook did just walk into their dorm without announcing himself.

"I want to ask you about your reading that you did for me a while back." Jungkook said in one quick sentence.

Yeri thought for a minute and nodded. She knew exactly what he was going to say. He was going to want to know why she lied to him about his girlfriend. Yeri thought that their relationship would've lasted a bit longer, but she was wrong if he was seeing her now.

"What about it?" Yeri tried to seem normal.

"Did you lie to me about being a psychic?" Jungkook looked at her with sincerity.

Yeri connect her eyes with his and felt heat running through her body. How dare he say that to her? Did he really not think that she was who she said she was? All Yeri could do was scoff. "Are you kidding me?"

Jungkook looked like he was unsure about what he said as well but he had no other way of putting it. "Listen-,"

He was cut off by Yeri trying to leave. Jungkook had quick reflexes and grabbed onto her arm before she could get more than a step away. Yeri stared at his hand and then glared at him. "Jungkook, you better let go of my arm right now or else I will scream."

Jungkook didn't take a moment to drop her arm. "Yeri, just hear me out."

"I don't have to hear you out!" She screamed. "You already made it obvious that you think I'm just some crazy person that will tell anybody anything that they need to hear to get their money for the day."

"That's not what I meant." Jungkook said. For some reason, he was on the defense even though Yeri was the one who was in the wrong.

"I don't care." Yeri felt her heart drop to her knees.

"Yeri, please listen to me." Jungkook said with to most pain in his voice.

His pain could be sensed by Yeri. She bit her lip. She knew that she was going to regret this. She turned to face Jungkook. "You have one minute to tell me why you think I'm not a psychic."

Jungkook's eyes looked elated, but still lined with pain. "You have only given me two predictions. The first one was when you said that I would find the two girls that we needed to make your group, which ended up being you and Koeun. The second was saying that you approved of my girlfriend. All I know is that one of those things was extremely wrong and the other could've been created by you."

"She broke up with because you stopped giving her money, right?" Yeri asked, crossing her arms.

Jungkook stepped back once. "How did you know that?"

Yeri rolled her eyes. "I am what I say I am. When we went to the park and you asked about your girlfriend, I saw she walked away from you once you stopped giving her money."

Jungkook's voice went hoarse. "Why didn't you tell me this?"

Yeri thought of an excuse. "My boss told me something once. I had just given my cell phone number to a client that I had known for a year because he was going to propose to his girlfriend and she dumped him. My client told me that if he would've had my number, that he would've asked me if it was the right choice. But because he didn't have my number, he was dumped. My boss told me that I need to let people make their own choices in life, that I need to let them live without depending on me to tell them what will happen in their future. I needed to teach them how to live."

Jungkook's lip quivered. "I still don't understand what this has to do with me."

Yeri stared straight into Jungkook's eyes. "You need to know that I am not here to mimic a Magic8 ball. I am here to be a part of a group. I am leaving that part of me in the past, and I would like it if you don't tell anyone and about me."

Jungkook bit his lip. "I won't. I promise."