+twenty-five

Sua, Koeun, Yeri and Mina walked into the Jellyfish with their lawyer leading the way. Mina's family were the ones who were able to persuade one of Korea's best lawyers to represent them, even though the other girls knew that there was no point. There was a specific clause that the girls made sure was a part of the contract that said that they would be able to leave if they wanted to. It was going to be a breeze. 

All of the girls were dressed in professional attire and walked confidently. Some of the employees stared and watch the group as they walked through the offices. The main hall that was normally busy with people and loud with the voices of the workers was now silent. Nobody dared to voice their opinions about the girls as they passed through the hall. Everybody just watched. They watched the girls that they used to take care of walk through as independents. 

The lawyer, Soobong, told the girls beforehand that they were not allowed to speak to anyone else when they were in the building. They weren't allowed to talk to any staff members that previously took care of them nor were they able to speak to their ex-members. They were definitely not allowed to talk to the CEO or any of the legal people who were going to be involved in this meeting. 

The girls held their promise when they finally arrived in the meeting room. The room consisted of the 4 girls along with Soobong. But the other side of the room counted 23 lawyers as well as the CEO and other Jellyfish representatives. The girl's side was wimpy in comparison to the company's, but they knew that there was no way that they could make them stay. The girl's minds were set and there was no going back now. 

Soobong cleared his throat. "I hope that you understand that we are here as a courtesy. We will be filing for termination of the contracts of Koeun, Yeri, Mina and Sua by the end of the day. There are no legal strings for you to be able to keep them here and we are simply here to hear what you have to say." 

The CEO cleared his throat. "We understand that you have ever right to file of the termination of the contracts, but we think that we have some incentives to keep you girls here." 

There was nothing in Yeri's body that wanted to hear what they had to say. As he listed the materialistic things, Yeri was failing to hear something that would've made her consider her stay. She still had yet to hear a hint of trust in the girls. Once she finished listing, Yeri tapped Soobong's shoulder. "They didn't list anything that I want. I want the backing of a company, not more money." She whispered in his ear. 

Soobong nodded and faced the CEO. "My client has expressed that she doesn't care about any of the incentives. Instead, my clients have expressed that they want to leave since they don't believe that you provide the management that is needed to exist for there to be a mutual feeling of content. My clients believe that you don't trust them, specifically." 

The CEO scoffed. "I don't believe that you wouldn't just take the money, but you would go to some other company that will just do the same things."

"In all due respect sir," Soobong said, "The girls are wanting the trust in the company and by extincting their activities due to an unfair scandal, the girls have probable cause to leave the company. I ask of you to respectfully let the girls leave the company so that they are able to pursue their dreams elsewhere."

--

Yeri stood in front of Jungkook's door with a pounding heart. She was officially about of the hairs of Jellyfish a day later. She didn't think it would be as easy as it was to leave. Since the girls had to leave the dorms when their contracts were terminated, they were practically all homeless. 

Sua went to go live with her brother inside the Astro dorms. Sua told Yeri that it was extremely awkward to live with 6 other boys even though she knew all of them and thought of them as brothers, but she didn't have many other options. Mina went to live with Sohye and her family and took the opportunity to talk about the future contracts with their company. Koeun went to live with her family for the time being. Koeun asked Yeri if she wanted to stay with her family until it was time to leave, but Yeri declined since Koeun's family had some odd negative bias towards her, especially since she convinced Koeun to leave SM with her. 

So here was Yeri, standing in front of a man's apartment with her suitcase filled with her life. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. She heard some subtly scurrying before the door flew open. Jungkook only opened the door enough for his body to block whatever was inside of his apartment. He gave her a nervous smile. "I thought you were going to be here in 10 minutes." 

Yeri pulled out her phone and glanced at the clock. 8am. The exact time that she promised Jungkook that she would be arriving. "I think I'm on time." 

Yeri showed Jungkook her phone and Jungkook looked defeated. "My apartment isn't clean." 

Yeri shrugged. "It doesn't matter. I can help you." 

Jungkook bit his lip and finally moved out of the way. He threw the door open and Yeri was stunned to see his whole apartment in shambles. There was trash all over the ground. Yeri glanced over to the kitchen and saw a mountain of dirty dishes about to topple over. Yeri even noted that the couch was completely disoriented with the rest of the room. She glanced at an embarrassed Jungkook. "I think you need me here more than I need to be here." 

Jungkook smiled and grabbed her luggage right away. "I will show you your room." Yeri was about to take off her shoes but Jungkook told her not to. "Just wait until we actually clean the room." Yeri nodded and followed him through the apartment. The first thing that she noticed when the tour was over was the fact that there was only one bedroom. "Where's you room?" She asked. 

"You are actually taking my room." Jungkook pointed out nervously. 

Yeri crinkled her forehead. "What? I can't stay in your room." 

Jungkook insisted. "Please, Yeri. This is only temporary and I have a really comfy couch." 

Yeri still looked unsure and finally nodded. "Should we start cleaning?" 

Jungkook nodded and watched her in awe as she went straight to the mountain of dishes without making a fuss about it.