+twenty-six

Yeri rolled over in the bed that was much too large for her. Since she always lived in small rooms, like the one she lived in when she was raised or the room that she stayed in when she lived in her own apartment, she always had small beds. She knew as soon as she rolled over and didn't fall off the bed, which had done more often than not, she suddenly felt uncomfortable. Her  fragile mind that was susceptible to the simple horrors in the morning had not awoken itself to let her know that she was in a safe haven. 

Yeri suddenly snapped out of her trance and remembered where she was. She sat up in the bed and stretched her arms over her head and let out a simple yawn. She released her body from its tightened posture from the simple scare she gave herself and slouched in the bed. Her body was sore for some reason. She hadn't been working out for a few days, she knew that much. 

Yeri threw her legs over the side of the bed and examined them. She noticed that they were getting a bit larger but the difference was subtle. After all, since she decided to leave Jellyfish Entertainment, she stopped her diet and wasn't as strict with her workouts. 

She sighed. Yeri was starting to get used to the idea of resting. She liked the feeling of doing whatever she wanted, and being free in a sense. Her own schedule that was decided by her and not some company that chose it for her. Yeri thought about the normal life. She wondered for a moment if it suited her more than the idol life. 

She shook her head so that she could shake the idea out. There was no way. Yeri had worked too hard and too long to just give all of it up when she was in a vulnerable position. She hopped out of bed and decided that she would work out. Yeri took a second to leave the room. 

Jungkook's bedroom was dark compared to the rest of the apartment. As soon as Yeri opened the door, the beams of light hit her face which caused her to wince. However, her eyes quickly adjusted to the harsh light. She rubbed her eyes twice and then remembered the consequences of her action and immediately stopped. Yeri wondered why the best things in life seemed to harm her. 

Yeri walked a bit further into the apartment and examined the living room. The pair easily cleaned the whole apartment the day before. Other than the plate that was on the coffee table and the crumbs that were on the floor, the apartment was just as stunning as before. Yeri picked up the plate and set it in the kitchen but didn't bother to do anything with the crumbs on the ground since she knew that there was plenty of more crumbs to come. 

Yeri returned to the living room and set her eyes on the coffee table. She moved it to the side of the living room so that it was out of the way. She examined the room for a second. She wondered if it were large enough for her to easily work out in. She shrugged and decided that the size didn't matter at the moment. 

Grabbing her phone, Yeri stood in the middle of the room while trying to pick out a song. She thought of all of the dances that she still knew. She learned some of the Red Velvet dances when she wasn't training and still working at the psychic agency and decided on one. As Yeri danced with her whole heart, she imagined if she were in Red Velvet with her ex-labelmates. She imagined Red Velvet as a group of 5, with her standing in the middle while singing a part that was originally Irene's. 

After Yeri finished the song, she noticed that she wasn't sweating but there was still moisture on her face. Her tears were rolling down her face and Yeri crumbled to the floor. She hated how she thought about things like this. She shouldn't imagine herself in a group that she knew she had no chance in. It was foolish and she hated her immaturity. 

At that second, Yeri heard the rings of the front door opening. Yeri ran her fingers across her face to disguise the fact that she was crying and cleared her throat quickly. Soon, Jungkook was standing in front of her with a small smile on his face. "I did it." 

"Did what?" Yeri was just thankful that he didn't seem to notice that she eyes were puffy and red. 

"I quit." Jungkook said, keeping an even voice. 

--

Yeri finally found Sua and Mina in the crowd of people. They were seated in the middle of the park, comfortably talking on top of a blanket. Yeri walked quicker towards them. 

"Hey guys." Yeri lifted a hand and a pleasant smile. 

"Hey, Yeri." Sua stood up and gave her a hug. "It's been too long since we've been able to meet up." 

Yeri exposed a confused expression. "It hasn't been a week."

"But it's weird since we are used to seeing you everyday." Mina pointed out. 

Yeri nodded and understood why it felt like so long. "So why did you want to meet?"

Mina gave her a smile. "We have finally reached an agreement with S&P Entertainment." 

"Who?" Yeri said slowly, not wanting to offend Mina. 

"It's Sohye's company. Her dad actually owns it." Mina said. 

"Ah, okay. But what do you mean agreement?" Yeri asked. 

Sua spoke up. "I think it's pretty obvious that we don't want to be a part of another contract. So since Mina and Sohye are friends, her father has agreed that they will let us be a part of the company without a contract binding us to them." 

Yeri smiled brightly. "Are you serious? How did we get that offer?"

Mina shrugged. "There's one thing, though. Sohye wants to be a part of the group." 

Yeri's smile slid off her face. She didn't have anything against Sohye, since she only saw her on Produce 101. The only thing that Yeri knew about Sohye was that she wasn't the best dancer. "What?" 

Mina noticed the expression and immediately defended Sohye. "She isn't a bad dancer, I swear. And her singing has seriously improved." 

"No, I get that she can improve but what is it going to be like being in a group with her? I've never even met her." Yeri pointed out.

"Just keep an open mind, Yeri." Sua said, holding Yeri's hand. "She's really nice and really willing to improve. It won't be hard to get her on track with the rest of us." 

There was something that wasn't sitting well in Yeri's stomach. As much as she wanted to say no, she finally nodded her head in agreement.