+six

Yeri's throat and legs burned simultaneously. Koeun seemed to be doing okay until she suddenly collapsed on the floor.

Yeri and Trainer Shin both rushed to her. "Are you okay?" Yeri's worry was erased once Koeun started laughing hysterically.

"I'm sorry." She breathed in between her giggles. "I just slipped."

Trainer Shin helped Koeun up from the ground. He let out an annoyed sigh. "Aren't you two hurting by now?"

Yeri glanced at Koeun. "Of course we are. You have had us rehearsing this dance for 7 hours."

"And you don't want to give up?" Trainer Shin asked.

"Of course we do." Koeun pointed out. "But we are trainees now. It doesn't matter what we think."

Trainer Shin bit back a smile. "You two are something special."

"What do you mean?" Yeri pushed her sweat drenched hair back in its place.

"Most of the trainees would give up after the first half hour. And you know for sure that there has never been a trainee that has outlasted a trainer's stamina, let alone two trainees."

Yeri and Koeun beamed as he said that. "Glad that we are able to make you realize our potential."

Trainer Shin groaned as he combed his hand through his hair. "You make it hard for me to train the both of you. You know that we really want you both in the next group?"

Koeun bit her bottom lip. "We know. But we still want to be able to prove ourselves to the others."

"You don't think that you just proved yourself?" He let out a small chuckle. "I don't know many other things that could make you prove yourselves."

Yeri helped Koeun off of the floor and asked to talk to her privately. Trainer Shin left the room without thinking about it.

"What do you think?" Koeun beamed at Yeri.

Yeri bit her lip. "I'm not sure."

"Oh come on Yeri! We are more than ready to debut. Trainer Shin himself said so. I wouldn't even think that we weren't training for as long as we have."

Yeri studied Koeun for a moment. "I think that you are ready, but I'm not sure if I am."

Koeun noticed that Yeri's mood was down. She threw her arm over her friend and gave her a warm smile. "Don't think like that. You know that you are ready to debut. Just because SM was stupid enough to let the both of our contracts expire doesn't mean that we aren't worthy of debuting."

Yeri looked at Koeun with watery eyes. "Still, I don't want to mess things up this time."

"Yeri, trust me. We will regret it if we don't take this opportunity to debut. Anyways, what would we be doing here, training if we aren't preparing ourselves for debut?"

Yeri smiled at Koeun's words and nodded. "Okay."

"Okay what?" Koeun tried to get Yeri to say exactly what she wanted her to.

Yeri rolled her eyes, recognizing exactly what she was trying to do. "We can debut."

Koeun clapped excitedly and ran to the door and grabbed Trainer Shin. She dragged him back inside of the room and the two girls smiled brightly to him.

"We accept the offer." They said together.

--

The sweat in Koeun's hand made Yeri's face scrunch. Yeri squeezed her hand once and decided to drop it. Once she did, Koeun's face expressed panic and Yeri picked up her hand again.

"You are thinking about this way too much." Yeri pointed out.

"How could I not think about all of this? We are about to meet our members. If we don't make an amazing first impression, we might ruin our chances." Koeun said in one long sentence.

"Koeun." Yeri said calmly. "You need to relax. Everything will be fine, the members will be great and we will make perfect additions to this group."

Koeun rolled her eyes. "You are starting to sound like me."

Yeri smiled brightly. "That's the goal."

Yeri took a deep breath and grabbed the door knob. She turned it and slowly opened the door.

"And these," Yeri heard Trainer Shin announce. "Are your new band members."

He extended his arm towards the door and Yeri was only able to watch the 6 girls turn to look at them.

Yeri and Koeun didn't take a second to bow and introduce themselves. It wasn't until they finished that Yeri looked at the girls' faces. They were all sitting on the ground in the dim practice room so it wasn't for a moment until she could comprehend their faces.

"Yeri?" One of the girls said, standing to her feet. "And Koeun?"

"Who are they, Doyeon?" Another girl asked, still sitting on the floor.

The girl who stood smiled down. "They were SM trainees. They were even promoted on SM Rookies."

Yeri tried nodding and smiling but it only came out half-heartedly. She was hoping that none of the girls would've recognized her, but she knew that it was wishful thinking. Afterall, she and Koeun did come from the biggest entertainment company in Korea.

But the she recognized the standing girl. Koeun seemed to recognize her too.

"And you are Doyeon, right?" She said, smiling at the girl. She glanced at the other girls. "And you guys are Mina and Yoojung."

"Who?" Yeri whispered in Koeun's ear.

"They were in that Produce 101 group, I.O.I, remember?" Koeun whispered back.

Yeri recognized them and nodded. She looked straight to Doyeon. "But weren't you and Yoojung in another company?"

They both nodded. "Yeah, but we didn't really like what happened after I.O.I disbanded. We were essentially waiting around to get promoted, but nothing happened." Yoojung answered.

Yeri nodded. She was surprised that she was speaking so casually when she remembered Yoojung being an outgoing member of I.O.I.

Yeri looked at the rest of the girls. "Do I know all of you?" She asked, trying to not sound rude.

She saw Tzuyu, who she remembered being one of the candidates to being a member of Twice, but being eliminated on the last episode.

She recognized Moon Sua, who was in Unpretty Rapstar and also being a trainee in YG until she left after she realized that she had no chance of being in the new girl group.

Arin, she was a trainee in WM Entertainment, the same agency that housed B1A4 and Oh My Girl.

She was stunned. She was amazed that all of these girls had such similar backgrounds and expectations from their company that were left unmet.

"So it seems that you know all of them." Trainer Shin pointed out. "So why don't we get a little more well acquainted then start practicing."