+thirty-seven

Yeri approached the other girls as they were stretching in the practice room. While all of the other girls were in their workout clothes, Yeri was standing with a pair of jeans, a long trench coat and a full face of makeup. The large back of luggage next to her was just an added touch. 

Sua was the first to spot her. "Yeri, did you not get the memo about practice?" She asked, sporting a smile.

However, Yeri did not reciprocate the smile. "I have something to tell you guys." 

The girls weren't stupid. They knew that Yeri had to tell them something bad but they weren't ready to hear it. Yeri took a deep breath. "I nullified my contract with the company."

The girls stood in front of her, stunned. All except for Koeun. "What do you mean?" Sohye asked. "Did you speak with my father?" 

Yeri nodded. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before." She glanced at Koeun. "I only told Koeun." 

"I don't understand." Mina said. "Why are you leaving? Is it because of Jimin's verdict?" 

"No." Yeri said while looking down. "It's not because of that." 

"Then what is it?" Sohye asked with concern, not hostility. "I thought we had a good thing going on." 

Yeri nodded. "You did. I was just miserable." 

Mina glanced at Koeun and nudged her. "What are you doing? Aren't you going to keep her from leaving?" 

Koeun shook her head and smiled at Yeri, even though there was tears in her eyes. "I was the one who gave Yeri permission to leave." 

"What?" Sua screamed. "You are going to let your left hand leave just like that?" 

Koeun nodded. "Yeri wasn't happy when she was in any of our groups. The only time that I really saw her happy was when she was just an everyday person." 

Yeri wiped the tears from her face as the girls swarmed her and hugged her tightly. The girls didn't want to let go of Yeri at all.

But when Yeri walked out of the building, strutting down the streets of Seoul with her luggage in her hands, that last bit of heaviness in her heart dissipated with every step. She never felt so free before in her life, now that it was all over. 

This was when Yeri realized that it wasn't the companies that didn't believe in her. That wasn't why she wanted to leave so badly. It was because she didn't believe in herself to be a singer, so whenever she found the slightest bit of distrust, she left. Maybe it took Yeri to leave that part of her life behind for her to notice it. 

--

"Hello, we are Usibus!" The girls chanted together as the rest of the crowd screamed hysterically. 

Koeun, Sua, Mina and Sohye smiled brightly as the crowd was starting to get excited for their fan meeting. It was already 7 years after their debut, and the girls were 26 years old. However, their fandom had never been stronger, which was an obvious demonstration through their fan meeting in Busan.

The girls were promoting their 4th full album and were growing to truly love the people of Busan. When they were signing all of the individual fan's albums, they noticed one little boy. 

Mina was the first at the table that he went to. He set the album in front of her and smiled. "Mina noona, I love you!" He said as he gave her a hand-heart. 

Mina squealed in excitement and declared her love for the 3 year old as well. He quickly moved on to the other girls and declared his love for them as well. 

Last in line was Koeun. "Koeun, you are my favorite member!" 

"Oh really?" She said and gave him a bright smile. She looked around for a second and grew in dissatisfaction. "Where are your parents?"

The little boy pointed into the crowd, but Koeun couldn't exactly tell where he was pointing. "My mom and dad are with my sister. She is only a few months old so she needs lots of attention." 

"Oh alright." Koeun said. Her manager came from behind her and whispered that he needed to move on. "I'll keep an eye on you, to make sure that you get back to your parents, okay?"

The little boy nodded and ran off with his album, squealing with delight. Unfortunately, Koeun had to continue her attention on the next fan, so she wasn't able to see if the boy made it back safely. 

The girls continued signing CD's for a long time and were finally coming to a close. They were going to have one last question-time before the girls were to leave the arena. 

It was Koeun's turn to pick a person to answer a question. All of the sudden, she noticed the little boy raising his hand. "Yes, the cute little boy." 

A man ran up to him with a microphone and he thanked him sweetly. It seemed like the other fans in the crowd fell in love with the little boy as well. "Will you come to my parents restaurant after this?"

"What's the restaurant called?" The girls asked after giggling over the adorable boy. 

The boy gave the microphone to his mom. Her figure was a bit hard to see due to the distance, but Koeun could recognize her best friend's face anytime. "It's called Jeon's Gukbap." 

"Yeri?" Koeun practically yelled into the microphone. All of the sudden, all of the fan's attention was taken from the boy to his mother, who was a familiar figure. Mina, Sua and Sohye slowly realized as well. The girls all raced from the stage to their friend. 

Koeun was the first to reach Yeri and engross her in a hug. She pulled back to see that despite her best friend having two children, she looked the same. "What are you doing here?" 

"We live here." Yeri said as she glanced at Jungkook, who was holding their baby girl. 

"You have kids?" Sua practically yelled. "Why didn't you tell us?" 

"You try getting the nation's girl group's attention." Yeri joked. 

"I can't believe all of this, Yeri." Koeun said. "You are married and have kids." 

The girls heard a male voice on the top of the stage. "I'm sorry girls, but do you mind coming back and wrapping up this fan meeting?" 

The girls looked apologetically to Yeri, who shooed them away. "Just come by the restaurant. We can catch up there."