+fourteen

The girls didn't know how to warm up. They didn't know how to prepare themselves for their debut stage. Were they supposed to warm up their voices? Stretch? Dance?

"I'm clueless." Koeun sighed. They all were completely ready for their performance even though it was an hour away.

Each girl had stylish clothing that they wore in the music video as well as the matching hair to go along with it. It wasn't especially practical since they had hard moved to execute and didn't want to think about stepping over their own dresses.

Yeri nodded at Koeun's comment and sighed. "What are we supposed to do for the rest of the hour? If we just sit here, I might go crazy."

Koeun agreed and Arin stepped towards the girls. "Why don't we introduce ourselves to the other sunbae groups?"

Koeun and Yeri immediately nodded. They got up and dragged the other girls out of their waiting room. Sua left the waiting room but immediately went back in when she remembered that they had signed albums to give the other groups.

They walked in the MCountdown hallways to find some other waiting rooms of other groups. However the group was stopped in their tracks when they saw 2 the show's MC's.

"Hello." All of the girls automatically bowed. "We are 99 Line, please take care of us."

Key and Bambam smiled brightly at the 8 girls. Bambam moved to the girls. "You all debuted today, right?"

The girls nervously nodded. Key gave them a small giggle. "Don't be too nervous today. Netizens can smell it from their computers." Bambam laughed in response to Key's comment and nodded.

Sua gave Key an album and offered Bambam an album but he declined. "I already bought a copy." Sua froze in her motion and nodded.

The pair walked away from the girls and Yeri and Koeun stared at each other. "Did you hear that?" Koeun asked.

"I think I'm dreaming." Yeri said blankly. "He said that he already bought our album."

The girls stared at each other and started squealing.

"Yeri! Koeun!" Sua snapped at them. "Chill guys. We still have more albums to give out."

Koeun and Yeri gave Sua a dirty look but continued to follow the girls to find any more groups. They detected a room that belonged to Red Velvet. Koeun and Yeri looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Are they promoting now?" Yeri asked Koeun.

Koeun shrugged. "I guess. I haven't been paying attention to them."

Tzuyu approached the pair. "You didn't know? Them and Twice and been fighting for the number one spot for weeks now. They completely crushed all of the other girl groups when it came to the charts."

Yeri's eyes went large. She knew that Red Velvet was huge, but she didn't know that them and Twice have been in a rivalry, especially for weeks now. "Wow." Was all Yeri could say before the girls went into Red Velvet's waiting room.

However, once they opened the door and heard the laughter coming from the room, all of the girls of 99 Line were shocked. Inside of the waiting room was Red Velvet and Twice, lounging on the couches and laughing casually.

The two groups focused their attention on the girls who just came into the room. Tzuyu, Yeri and Koeun were at the back of the group so it wasn't a while until Red Velvet and Twice noticed some of the members that they had grown acquainted to.

Joy was the first the stand up. "Yeri? Koeun?"

She immediately ran to the pair and gave them a hug. Irene, Seulgi and Wendy looked at each other for a moment. They weren't good friends with the younger trainees of SM, but Joy was which was why she knew Yeri and Koeun right away.

"Oh my gosh, it's Tzuyu!" Dahyun said as she hopped off of the couch. Tzuyu smiled and ran to the girls and gave them each hugs.

Yeri and Koeun stared at Joy for a second. "So you and Twice are friends?"

Joy nodded and glanced at the other girls. "We are supposed to be in this huge rivalry, but we don't particularly care about all of that."

Chaeyoung nodded and walked towards the girls. "JYP and SM even made a deal to have a rivalry between the two of us. Naturally, we all grew pretty close."

Yeri nodded and looked at Chaeyoung again. "Weren't you born in 1999?"

Chaeyoung nodded. "I could practically be in your group."

The girls laughed and nodded. Even the girls from 99 Line started making conversation with their sunbaes, asking for advice for certain aspects of their debut stage. Before they knew it, 99 Line had to leave to make their final preparations for their debut stage. 

--

Yeri threw herself into the van with Koeun, Sua and Arin crawling behind her. Since all 8 girls couldn't share the same van, they had to be split up by their rooms.

Yeri and Sua sat in the front as Arin and Koeun talked softly in the back. Yeri knew that Sua was drained and probably didn't want to talk as much, so she pulled out her phone. Her eyes widened when she say multiple text messages.

Hey Yeri, do great today! I can't wait to see you backstage!

Is everything okay? I'm at your dressing room and there's no one here...

I'm going to the audience so that I can watch your performance.

You all did great. It's too bad that I couldn't see you.

Yeri was horrified. She noticed that all of the texts were when they were either talking with Red Velvet and Twice or just waiting to debut. She totally forgot that her and Jungkook were supposed to meet since she was preoccupied with the jitters.

Yeri ran a hand through her hair as she quickly texted him back. Jungkook, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot that you were coming and I just had other things on my mind.

Yeri stared at her phone for the remainder of the trip back to the dorms. The ride was almost an hour, and still, Yeri never got a text message back.