Assassination Time

~Nagisa's POV~
I yawned, rolling over and feeling for Akara-- who was supposed to be next to me. I opened my eyes, to find her up already and coming back into the room. She was wearing a black t-shirt, one that had low cut arm holes. She was wearing shorts, which were also black. The shirt almost covered up the shorts, which sent me into a jumpy mode.
"Where are you going?"
"On a run."
"Not like that!"
"What do you mean?!"
I jumped out of bed, pulling her to my chest while she looked at me quizzically.
"You're not going on a run dressed like that."
"What's the problem?"
"I don't want anyone else to much less than glance at you." I said, lifting her hand and kissed the rings on her fingers. She scowled for a moment but didn't complain.
"You're so overprotective. " She muttered. I smiled, then said," If you decide to stay home, I won't make you change..." I slid my hands into her shirt, while she glared at me.
"You're making me want you more. Stop being so adorable." I mumbled in her ear, closing my eyes and breathing in her floral scent. She let out a sharp breath, then wrapped her arms around me in a loose embrace.
"You're weird. " She said after a while, then I pulled away and kissed her. She looked angry, but a grin just crept across my face. She rolled her eyes and we went into the kitchen, while Akara sent a piece of toast right at my face. I ducked, saying," Woah! What did I do to deserve that?!"
"Not letting me go on a run!"
"So? You get to spend all day with me."
"Actually..."
"Akara?"
"I'm leaving for a mission tonight. More like in 2 hours. "
"Oh come on! It's Saturday!"
"Well, my target works everyday, all week. "
"What's their name?"
"That's classified, Nagisa. "
"But I'm your husband. "
"So?"
"I'll punish you. "
"How and WHY?!"
I giggled," Just kidding, Akara. But I wanna knowwwwwww!"
"You're like a little kid sometimes. "
I winked at her then kissed her on the cheek.
"Oh my gosh! You kissed me on the cheek!" Akara said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me. I smiled then took her chin in between my fingers and placed our lips together. Before she could pull away, my tongue slid into her mouth. She accepted the kiss, deepening it further. I watched her eyes close before I closed my own, my hands sliding up and down her back. Finally she pulled away, leaving me smiling after her. I had a tendency to get what I wanted from Akara. It was easy to guilt- trip her into doing things.
I followed her, leaning in the doorway of our room. She was pulling out clothes, throwing them across the room.
"What are you doing?"
"Trying to find something you will actually let me go running in. "
"I'm not letting you leave, whether you like it or not. You have to spend time with me before you leave for your assassination. "
"Fine. "
I winked at her and she scowled at me, while I sat down on the bed and watched her start shoving clothes back into the drawer.
"So Karma was talking to me the other day--"
"What does that have to do with anything?" She interrupted.
"I'm not done. He was talking about how one of Hayo's friends owns a adoption service. "
"I said I want a cat. Not a kid. "
"Jeez, that's cold, Sugar. "
"Nagisa, I'm not in the mood."
I tilted my head to the side.
"What's wrong?"
She sat down next to me, laying her head on my shoulder.
"It's... A touchy subject. "
I smiled sadly at her choice of words. She had said that when I would get upset about marriage.
"I know. Sorry I brought it up. "
"It's okay. We all make mistakes. Can we go get a cat now?"
"Yeah, yeah. "
I threw a t-shirt at Akara, who scowled. I grinned, watching as she pulled off the old shirt and pulled on the new one.
"What are you grinning about?"
"Nothing..."
"You little-!"
I laughed, being chased out of the room by Akara. She jumped on my back, both of us laughing.

--At the Pet Store--
"I don't see why you don't want a kid. "
"Seriously, Nagi?"
"Yeah. "
She sighed, looking at all of the kittens.
"Well, first, it's painful to talk about. Second, you know how last time went. "
"Well, we could adopt. "
"Nagisa! I don't want to talk about this anymore today. "
"Fine. Fine. "
She stopped, staring at a little black kitten. It had big green eyes and it was pawing at the glass. She looked like she was going to melt.
"ITS SO CUTE!"
"I knew you would say that. "
"Well, I mean we have been together for about 10 years now. "
"Jeez. I didn't even realize."
She punched me in the arm then returned her attention to the kitten. She stuck her fingers through the holes of the glass, the kitten purring and rubbing up against them. She smiled, then said," Nagisa, can we get it?!"
"Yeah. Go ahead. "
She skipped away to the counter, to tell the cashier she wanted the kitten. I smiled after her, rubbing the kitten through the glass. It purred, it's black fur was velvety and soft. I smiled.
--In the Car--
"We could name it Yuri!"
"Why Yuri?"
"Because it means "Lilly" in some other language. "
"But 'it' is a guy. "
"Yuri doesn't sound too girly, does it?"
"No... Guess not. "
((I have a cat named Yuri. I decided to dedicate this to him. ;) ))
"So, Yuri it is!" Akara said cheerfully, rubbing Yuri's head gently. He purred, sprawled out in her lap. I smiled at the two, then returned my attention to the road. We were in a sleek, black little car. I couldn't ever remember the brand.

--Back at Home--
Akara set Yuri down, letting him sniff his new home out. I placed the cat food, bowl, and his new collar on the counter. Akara kissed me on the cheek and said," Thank you, Nagisa! But I have to go now. Time for the mission. "
I looked at her sadly. I kissed her goodbye then she walked out the door, leaving me alone with our new kitten and our huge penthouse.

~Akara's POV~
I didn't want to leave Nagisa, but I needed to get the money so we could continue living where we did.

I drove on the long winding road to my brother's house, ditching the car in a deserted parking lot a mile away. I walked the rest of the way, counting my gear and pulling on my tight black jumpsuit. I slipped the mask over my face, moving through the shadows like a ninja. I had a handgun in my hand, a sniper strapped to my back, and a knife strapped to my leg. My hair was buried in the jumpsuit, so it couldn't be seen. I finally arrived, using my key to unlock the door and sneak in. I was wearing black gloves, so my fingerprints wouldn't be on everything. Emilia's car was outside, so I knew she was home. I found her in the bedroom upstairs, folding clothes and humming quietly. I crept up behind her then placed a swift hand over her mouth. I could feel her heart-rate speed up with fear. I had the gun barrel pressed to her head, her black hair was cut short to her shoulders.
"You're coming with me. Don't scream. It's a waste of air."
I said in a gruff voice so she wouldn't recognize me. I led her out the door, then pushed her on her knees in the front yard. The gun barrel was still pressed against her head, while I tied her up expertly.
"When my husband gets home, he will kill you!" She growled, trying to act tough.
"If you say so. " I said, keeping the gruff voice on.
She was trying to escape, but I had her pinned down by her legs and wrists. She was still on her knees and I decided to shove a rag in her mouth so she would shut up.
Then Lergo's car came driving up. I placed the gun to Emilia's head.
And shot.

Gunshot ran out, but there was no one else to hear it. Just Lergo and me.
And he was next.
Horror was clear on his face, his eyes wide and a hand was covering his mouth. A tear ran down his cheek.
"Did you cry when you killed father? I don't think so. " I said, suddenly behind him. I wrapped my arm around his neck and legs around his waist, choking him. He fell on his back, trying to smash me under his weight. I forced myself not to laugh. I had gone against much stronger targets. I felt no pain for my brother. All I felt was hatred. He killed the only parent that cared about me. Now he was going to die.
"Any last words, brother?" I said, holding the knife to his neck.
"W-Why are you doing this?"
"It's my job."
"Huh--?" I slit his throat, quickly darting out from under him and watching him writhing in pain. He clutched his throat, then finally went still. I smiled at my work.
"Beautiful. I must say, you look better dead, brother. "
I walked away, never looking back.

~Nagisa's POV~
"Yes, I'd like to adopt a child. "

((1589 words. ;P OOOOOO NAGISA WHATCHA DOING?!
-Author-chan
. . . .
Akara: NAGISA!
Nagisa: Yes, Sugar?
Akara: WHAT IS THAT?!
Nagisa: What is what?
Akara: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
----------))