That's My Best Friend

"What did you say to her?" Jace asks, breathlessly that it just comes out as a quiet little raspy whisper and Mr McClain glances over at Theresa.

"Nothing," she scoffs.

If only schools could allow fights to happen and the teachers and students wouldn't even jump in and try to stop it, by now that stupid prissy little attitude Theresa has towards Jace would have quickly and roughly knocked out of her brain and she would be on the floor, bleeding out of her mouth, but too bad, schools don't have rules like that.

"Stop lying," Ky says, lowly and Theresa just snidely laughs and lifts her feet onto the desk, but angrily, Jace pushes them off, along with her hitting the floor as well.

"Jace!" Mr McClain shouts and I look back at Theresa getting up from the floor, rushing into an immediate glare down with Jace, but wasn't his eyes blue? Why are they red?

"Okay. Okay," Ky says, pulling Theresa out of Jace's face and I gently pull Jace away from her, his belligerent facial expression giving me an obvious clue that he might bite her face off. LITERALLY.

"Swing first," he says and it's either I'm hallucinating or my eyes are blurred up with tears, but I spot a very long, sharp fang replacing his regular short canine teeth and Theresa keeps glaring at him as he suddenly begins to snarl and hiss at her.

"Guys, guys," Mr McClain whispers, getting himself off the floor and helping me carry Jace away. "calm down, both of you. Theresa, stay after with Ky. Blair, you okay to go to class now?"

"I think," I answer, wiping the tears away from my eyes and nodding.

"I'll watch her. She'll be okay with me," Jace offers, glancing at me and then to Mr McClain.

"Okay. Blair, see me after school, okay?" Mr McClain asks, politely. "I'll deal with this situation from now on for you."

"Thank you," I whisper and Jace tickles my side, causing me to chuckle and he smiles as he pulls me out of the classroom and into the hallway of kids and adults of all sorts of sizes and shapes. Fat and pudgy, skinny and thin, dark and light, everything that is completely off from the color of the light blue and teal metallic lockers.

"Thanks Jace. I didn't expect to make a friend that fast today," I say, moving my thin, blonde hair to the back of my ear and dropping my right hand to my side.

"No problem. You're a very pretty new girl and I don't understand why Strawberry Bundt Cake wanted to try and start a fight for no reason," Jace shrugs and I laugh.

"Wow. Is that my sister I see?" a familiar voice interrupts us from behind.

Quickly, I turn around with a smile on my face and Jace, cocky and zealous, scoffs and turns around with me. The both of us glance at the spike hair dyed red, the lazy brown eyes and black even eyebrows. His arms extremely buff and tanner than ten years ago and tatted with a pair of one big line and one tiny on his left arm over his black t-shirt and he smiles at me. Perfect white teeth, braces free.

"Danny!" I greet, gleefully and Danny laughs as I jump in his arms; he hugs me.

"Jace, my man," Danny greets as he and Jace fist bump and Danny rubs my shoulder, looking down at me smiling.

"How are you, little sis? Ugh I missed you so much," he says, squeezing me in our hug and tickles my underarms.

"Wait. Are you...are you two going out?" Danny questions, glancing up at the two of us, Jace and I, with excited fat bug eyes.

"We literally just met each other. Why in the hell---" Jace chuckles, but is interrupted by the annoying second period bell.

"We're definitely talking at lunch time, but right now, I don't want you two to be late, so I will catch you and Flame Head later," Danny says, pinching my cheeks and I laugh.