Hearing In Pairing

(Blair's POV)

So instead of having my boyfriend was supposed to be here in bed with me so I wouldn't have anymore nightmares and so he could cuddle with me every once in a while, I had to be woken up and dressed by my older brother, whose fashion taste is more masculine but acceptable. Since I haven't been shopping in a while for more new clothes since I've spent five years of my life underwater and with a tail and no feet, he has me wear his old hand-me-downs from his sophomore year. A red wool woven beanie which covers the top of my head and the tip of the hat dangles over the end of the hat, my regular golden pearl studs in both of my ears, his white t-shirt with the arm holes cut open wider (similar to Jace's but longer), a pair of ripped black jeans (these are Jace's old pants) with Jace's sweatshirt tied over my love handles, and white sneakers. At first when I checked myself in the mirror, I automatically thought I looked like an absolute dude or a replica of Danny but tinier, feminine, and much better. But then when I put on my eyeliner and mascara, adding the foundation and cheek highlights to my face, I still see a man but I'm getting to the girl part a little bit because of how messy and curly my hair is.

Danny looks at me, an impressed and pleased look in his eyes as he scans me up and down and I punch his shoulder, making him burst out laughing and chuckle at me. I still can't hear him or even speak at all, but what I would say to him is "I look like a dude, you idiot!" and what I hate about being temporarily deaf, listening to Danny's laugh at almost everything. He actually sounds like a little chipmunk or squirrel when he breaks out into laughter, like mine except mines attracts an entire audience because it's so loud and according to Dad, I sound like an actual rat in the room.

While I grab my backpack up from the side of the bed and hang it over my back, I'm assuming that it's Jace that came from behind me as his pale, bulked up arms rush and tie around my stomach and his lips plant on my cheek gently, which makes me happy about how sweet his kisses are and then mad since he was in bed with me earlier. But I don't care anymore, better him being here now than not at all. So while he holds my waist, he switches off to hold my hand and I find him wearing a Walk The Moon graphic t-shirt over his regular black skinny jeans when it used to be his TMNT black and green pajama pants and no shirt and he pulls me out of the bedroom with Danny following behind us as we walk out.

Down the stairs and to the living room, Mom and Dad start off with smiles on their faces as they see me come downstairs awake, but then suddenly switch off to blank stares (Dad a bit more lost than Mom) and assumably they look at Jace, obviously because of my outfit. I read his lips, he says "I was down here getting yelled at by my mom because I had no shirt on." Jace with no shirt is always a fun time, but in front of Mrs Griffin is a completely different story. And once of my parents switch from Jace to Danny, the sudden mask of disappointment overshadows Dad as he smacks his forehead and sighs as Danny shrugs like what I'm wearing is no big deal and Mom shakes her head, famished of Danny's nonchalance. I mean I like the outfit in my opinion, but I can't say anything about it anyway to be on Danny's side of the situation, so the moral of the story: don't let Danny dress me anymore.

There's no more time to change anyway as both Mr Briarwood and Mrs Griffin arrive back inside of the house with the navigator ready outside to a cool, clear Wednesday morning and I'm thanking Danny that he gave a sweatshirt cuz this is too cold. During this time when I grab the sweatshirt, I see Brianna and Ky both sitting together, Brianna more serious and distressed than her regular bubbliness (not a word and don't care) and Ky, who's always the brooder which is normal to me, is one the phone, talking to someone who probably could be pretty important. I wonder who it could be.

Once I pull on the jacket and straighten it over the t-shirt, Jace didn't even think about after I put on the sweatshirt to carry me onto his back and giving me a piggyback ride out of the house due to having the high school about ten blocks away from the house.