First Day of School Get Together

(Danny's POV) The Living Room

"You've been pretty worked up since this afternoon, sweetheart," Ace says as she sits on my right and rubs my kneecap as I just sit here, wanting to be left alone, but I know I'm gonna end up crying, alone or not.

Why am I worked up tonight anyway? Is it because of Lonnie almost dying twice in one day? Blair almost getting bitten and almost dying of dehydration? Seeing Mom and Dad again in over a year since sophomore year? Just so many responsibilities and so many things that happened today...and I can't take of them myself.

"Danny? You okay?" Jace asks and I knew it gonna happen. I feel the tears, I feel them coming down, but I don't know if it's okay to cry at this moment.

"Danny, hey," Ace whispers, hugging me and I cup my fists over my eyes, but I don't know what good that would do since my tears are bursting through my fingers. Great thinking, Dan the Man and never again will I call myself that.

"It's okay to cry, sweetie. Don't worry," she says, rubbing my left arm and I do the weird eerie croaky cry that rumbles deep down from my throat and I sniffle. Soon after, the door just rushes open and I feel two more people around me; one tiny hand grabs hold of my left hand and two hands lay on top of my head and I smile a bit, figuring out who the two of them were.

"For record, I think you're really tough and you're way better than Blair," Lonnie compliments me and I chuckle under my wrists as Jace and Ace just laugh at him.

"And I was just about to tell Brianna how much of a cool kid you were. Oh well. That's gone now," Blair scoffs from the top of my head as she plays around with my red hair and Lonnie gasps.

"Hey! Sorry Danny. Blair's way better," he changes and I put my hands down.

"No don't worry. I know I'm the better sibling," I shrug and Blair laughs with everyone else and I smile at her.

"Are you okay now?" she asks me, hugging me again.

"Yeah. Just thinking about a lot of things, but I'm feeling better now," I answer, taking a deep breath and sighing it out.

"Okay. Get your butt up from the floor," Lonnie rowdies me up, struggling to yank me up and falling on his back a couple of times, forgetting that I'm heavier than him and when I get up with support from Blair and Jace, Lonnie looks up at me and sighs.

"You'll get there, little bro," I wink, patting him on the back and the doorbell rings outside of the room.

"Oh crap! I forgot the dinner!" Ace gasps, smacking her forehead in complete shock.

"I can help you with that," Blair offers.

"Thank you so much. Ooh I love your sister so much," Ace says, pinching my cheek and as he rushes out of the room, Blair sticks her tongue out at me, I roll my eyes and she gives me a tight hug before she walks out of the room as well.

"Okay. I have rules for you, flame head. If you mess my sister up, I'll mess you up too!" Lonnie holds up his fists and gets his fighting stance ready with his legs spread open and his body circles around funny as he stands toes to toes with Jace. 

"Okay, okay, I won't," Jace surrenders with s smile on his face.

"Better not or I'll---" Lonnie remarks, slightly bopping Jace's stomach before his threat was interrupted.

"Lonnie?" Mom calls and the front door closes.

"Mommy!" Lonnie happily runs out of the room, Jace gawks at me with his hands dropping down to his sides and I laugh at his facial expression towards me as he follows me out of the room.