Well Then

(Blair's POV) English

"So the theme is Under The Sea," Erica tells me the theme of the homecoming dance and I scoff.

Oh the irony how it's a theme like this, knowing how I'm part fish in reality and then the host, none other than Strawberry Shortcake herself. Maybe it's to get on my nerves, probably to compliment my abilities, but just to getting to know Theresa and her crazy family, there's probably a catch to it. A bad one.

"I doubt that it's going to be 'just fun' for everyone. There needs to be a reason why she chose this theme over better ones," Liam questions the theme of homecoming with us.

"Would you guys help me figure it out?" I ask.

"Yeah, totally. And it's not because you're our leader's sister or our other leader's girlfriend, so don't think that," Erica takes out the obvious reasons why they'd help and I nod.

"It's to get back at you, I found out," Ky interrupts our get together and he takes a seat behind us.

"How'd you figure it out---" Erica asks.

"You almost had my sister killed, so don't even think about talking to me," Ky interrupts her and Erica pauses, closing her mouth and sighing. "and I eavesdropped. Tina finalized it to be Masquerade, but then Theresa wanted to have it changed to be Under the Sea because they have this grand finale for the Cadaways."

"But Danny's not even a full mermaid," I say.

"And you are. Anyone is allowed to come and I doubt your parents would want to miss your first dance at a new school," Ky explains, pointing out the rules for homecoming. "Something you want to say, Lockhart?"

"Should we tell Danny and Jace about it so they don't get mad that they're the last to know?" Liam proposes to the conversation.

"Well Jace would know before Danny since he's in this classroom, unless one of you has a class with Danny," Ky says and Liam glances at Erica, but she crosses her arms and looks away.

"He won't even talk to me since last night, so even if I tried, he'd think I'm a liar," Erica argues.

"And do you know that for a fact?" Ky questions.

"No," Erica disagrees.

"So you're just assuming?" Ky guesses, crossing his arms as he pressures Erica to answer him with those scary predator brown eyes of his.

"Yeah I am," Erica agrees to it, willingly. "and if this literally is some kind of way to show me that you're mad at me still, your sister isn't dead and I have apologized more than once to them about letting them go on their own."

"I know she's not dead because otherwise the two of you won't be here in front of me. You're not that good at keeping your mouth shut as well as your boyfriend, are you?" Ky questions, bluntly and Erica gets up from my desk to confront him.

"Wait, guys. Can we not do this today?" I ask and Ky follows Erica up, getting up close to her face and already, both of their eyes are glowing different colors. This is going to be ugly too fast.

"You keep Liam out of this," Erica snarls at Ky.

"Erica, stop," Liam says, trying to pull Erica back, but she barely even budges.

"Then shut your damn mouth about my sister and I won't destroy your dumbass," Ky says back to her and Erica growls now, scaring me as I back up from the confrontation.

Then Jace finally comes into the room, dropping his backpack behind my chair and sliding in between both Erica and Ky, but glaring at Erica rather more than Ky with his scary blood red eyes, but I don't blame him for being angry at them. Erica looks at him as he backs her away from Ky and he glances from her to Ky in a split second.

"You gonna put those fangs away or do I have to use mine to get you to stop?" Jace asks and Ky raises his hands to surrender, letting his eyes change back to brown.

"We are not doing this today. Not now, not ever. Your sister is fine, so get over it. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you, but you watch yourself provoking a fight with someone stronger than you are. So what's your problem?" Jace asks, glancing back at Erica as her eyes change to brown as well.

"I have apologized more than once to you guys and he wanted to be all cocky to bring Liam into the problem to say I should shut up too," Erica explains, pointing at Ky and once Ky squeezes his fists, Jace glares at him, causing him to open his fists.

"Well you should have. All three of you, listen to me right now because I'm not going to repeat this again. If this shit from last night gets brought up again and you guys fight again, you'll all answer to me and I know you don't want that to happen. This will never happen again and this discussion is over unless someone has something they want to add," Jace says and he looks at Erica and Liam, then Ky for anyone to say anything, but they don't speak up. "so this is all over. Got it?"

"Yes sir," the three say together and Jace drops his red eyes to his normal light blue as the first period bell rings, leading to Erica leaving the room angrily and she knocks down Theresa on the way out.

"Hey!" Theresa shouts, pushing herself up from the floor and I chuckle when she gets back up to dust herself off. To be honest, she should have kept the dust on to cover the hideous bright red dress with her stupid pink polka dots on the skirt because the dust would have made it better.

"Well next time, get the hell out of the way!" Erica shouts at her from down the hallway and Theresa scoffs, sashaying her bouncy blonde hair to her seat. But then she just stops walking to look back at me, Jace, Ky, and Liam, and when she irks a flirty smile at the boys, Liam grabs his backpack from the floor after giving me a small hug and leaves, Ky looks at the ceiling after he takes his seat behind me and Jace just gags at her.

"What? You wouldn't date this?" Theresa asks, twirling around in her dress to impress him and Jace chuckles at her.

"You're hilarious. Oh my god, are you kidding? Sure I like the color red, but it's not what you think I mean. Plus, I hate you," Jace answers with a smile still on his face as he insults her.

"Well I hate you too," Theresa says to him and Jace smirks at her, letting out a tiny chuckle and when he takes a seat beside me, he takes out a purple rectangular velvet box from his pocket as the rest of the students enter the room.

"What's that?" I question, quietly and Jace smiles at me, pulling my hair back over my ears and he kisses me, his nose over my left cheek and his lips glued over mine; the class awes at us while I blush and Theresa scoffs.

Then the both of us pull away with me giggling and blushing, embarrassed as all the class just watched us kiss and shockingly, Jace pulls out a pretty beige and light purple pearl necklace from the box on the table. I start to cry as I keep giggling and blushing, still in shock with the pearl necklace in his hands and overwhelmed by the awing and claps, I hug him, happily sobbing on his muscular shoulder and the class claps for us.

"So homecoming?" he asks.

"Yes," I smile, kissing him again and he connects the necklace on my neck before his thumb smooths my jawline and his hand warms up the side of my neck.

"Just when I thought this classroom wouldn't get any---wait, was it a homecoming proposal?" Mr McClain interrupts, walking in with a cup of coffee, a new flipped hairstyle, and a dark gray tuxedo.

"Yeah," Ky answers for me and Jace.

"Aw! Congratulations, guys!" Mr McClain awes, clapping for us as Jace overpowers the kiss, moving in closer and I laugh. "Ew. That's gross."

"Tell me about it," Ky sighs, agreeing with Mr McClain and the class laughs at us.