Meet My Mother

Outside with no Red in sight. Probably because he's crying somewhere in a hole because Ky kicked his butt or because there's more Vamps than there are Wolves for now. I have to admit that Red scares me, but nobody scares me more than Jace's stepfather, but then just judging a book by its cover, right?

School ended for the day and instead of walking home even though I want to, Jace carries me on his back, crossing my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. His hood hangs over my face because of how cold it is outside and he hooks his hands on my thighs the way down the street.

"Walking down the sidewalk with my boyfriend carrying my on his back. Can this day get any better?" I smile.

"Well...no it can't," Jace answers.

"Hey Blair, Mom said she'll meet us at Jace's place," Lonnie informs me from beside us and I see him holding Brianna's hand as he follows us to Jace's house, apparently.

"You look shocked," Mr Briarwood frightens me from my right and I glance at him. "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I answer. "when it really isn't nothing. Okay! My mom knows Jace, too?"

"Blair, you have another brother who's two years older than you, who went to school before you, met Jace before you, and of course your mom and dad had to be there," Erica answers and I slap my forehead, not even remembering my older brother who I just talked to all day today was still relevant to me.

"Sorry Danny," I apologize.

"It's okay," Danny forgives me, patting my back and I smile at him once we reach the brown wooden doors of Jace's house and Jace turns the doorknob.

"Your mom isn't scary, right?" I ask.

"Not at all. She's really nice to everyone, well maybe a little strict, but you'll love her," Jace answers, putting back on my own two feet and as soon as we enter the living room, I'm smacked by the scent of a cinnamon roll and I try to keep calm as the smell sets me off.

"Danny!"

Greeting us from the kitchen and in the speed of lightning to greet Danny and causing Lonnie to jump in Ky's arms, a woman as tall as me but taller by a couple of inches, hugs Danny and the boldness of her red eyes startles me once I catch a glimpse of them.

"She doesn't use contacts because her eyes are sensitive, so she uses shades instead when she goes out and doesn't when she's at home," Jace whispers in my left ear and I nod.

"You must be Blair. Nice to meet you! I'm Acadia, Jace's mom," the red haired woman greets me and I take her hand with a warm smile on my face. "you and Danny look just alike."

"Oh. No," I laugh but then awkwardly...guess you says yes?

"Yeah," Danny laughs and we both glance at each other with fake and embarrassing smiles on our faces, but Danny's beats mine.

"Yeah. Sorry, but I'm the better one between the two of us," I answer and Acadia laughs at me, Danny gives me a quick frown when I look at him and when she moves to hug Jace, and so I shrug it off.

"And who is this little man right here?" Acadia questions, pinching Lonnie's cheek and Lonnie just laughs at the pinching, tucking in his shoulder over his left cheek and scrunching his face tight.

"He's so adorable," Erica whispers to me, but I roll my eyes at what I've heard. Oh well, I admit that Lonnie's an adorable little squirt, but he could one heck of a handful when it gets to some points.

"Oh hi Ky. I didn't know that they'd let backstabbers in my house. Why are you here?" Acadia asks as her attention bounces to Ky in a number of seconds and finding Lonnie and Brianna in between the two, it's when Lonnie moves his hand when I find Ky's fists flat instead of squeezed shut.