About Mason...

An hour later from helping Brianna calm down from taking away the rabies Red gave her and escorting her to the clinic, I hold Lonnie's arm as we wait outside the door for her. Instead of me trying to drag him home screaming to stay, he's been through so much today and putting him through a situation like that would hurt me. She's even Ky's little sister and his ex best friend almost killed her. Imagine what he's feeling and going through right now.

"You didn't have to stay," Lonnie whispers to me and I lay my head on top of his.

"You're my little brother, dum dum," I say back to him and he chuckles softly, playing with the strands of my jacket. "I'm so sorry you had to see that."

"Are you kidding? I never punched a werewolf in the face before. That was awesome! Well except the ending. She thinks I'm cute," Lonnie adds, causing me to smile and gawk at him.

"Nuh uh. Are you serious?" I ask and cockily, Lonnie nods at me and stick his nose in air, signaling that he feels important somehow and I giggle. "are you going out with that Ky dude?"

"Ky? No. But I am going out with someone you know," I say.

"Who? Creepy tall man with the black hair sitting next to the clinic door texting and not paying attention to what I'm saying?" Lonnie guesses, pointing at Mr Briarwood...who was sitting at the near the clinic door with his long black hair behind his ears as he stares at his phone, typing.

"He's wayyyyy too old for me," I whisper to Lonnie and Lonnie looks back at me.

"He's scary, so I'd understand. How about...hm. I doubt the curly haired kid..." Lonnie says, looking past Liam and Erica stifles her laughter as Liam glances at him.

"Okay. I give up. Who is it?" Lonnie questions.

Then Danny and Jace come from out at the main entrance inside and Jace sits beside me as Danny and Mr Briarwood walk into the clinic together. Lonnie glances at the two of us, Jace and I, and once Jace holds my left hand as he watches Danny leave, Lonnie loudly and dramatically gasps at us.

"You're going with Count Dracula Jr.? Whoa!" he cries and Jace raises her eyebrow in suspicion of him.

"So my little brother knows and I don't?" I question Erica.

"Danny started it and I probably shouldn't be saying that out loud with Jace sitting right there," Erica whispers and she turns her head forward like Liam is and Lonnie gawks at me as I snuggle on Jace's shoulder.

"Awkward love, just so weird," Lonnie describes, crossing his arms.

"Your little brother?" Jace asks. 

"Sadly," I answer.

"Hey!" Lonnie whines and I laugh.

"So Mr Briarwood---" I start to talk to Jace.

"Mason," Jace automatically corrects me.

"Do you not like them? Isn't it when the stepchild calls their stepparent by their first name, they don't like them?" I question, not even minding Lonnie laying back on my collarbone and laying the left side of his face under my chin and against my chest.

"No, I like him. His name is just pretty cool and he said that we allowed to call him by his first name in very serious situations," Jace explains. I have a gut feeling that he's fibbing, but how can I tell if a vampire is lying when they don't have any type of motion to give me a little clue?

"That's a really bad rule," Lonnie yawns.

"I know because I made it up," Jace answers, crossing his legs and my jaw drops in shock.