The Protection Plan

"Alright! Pencils down! Switch with anyone around you for self evaluation," Mr Briarwood orders from the front of the room as a half hour flies by and quickly, Tina slams her test on my desk and takes mine.

"Thank you," she says, in a fake happy tone and she sashays her stupid cherry blonde hair all the over to her desk, passing Mr Briarwood as he walks down her aisle and strolls down the next one.

"Give me that," Jace whispers, switching papers with me and I take his as he takes Tina's and we both pull out red pens at the same time.

"Hey Briarwood," Jace hollers and Mr Briarwood stops in his tracks in the second aisle and slowly turns his head, darting his deathly light blue eyes at Jace and Jace nervously smiles.

"Does "If you ever correct me or talk shit about me and embarrass me in front of my class where everyone here likes me and not your fishy, no brainer ass, I will kill you." count as an accurate answer?" Jace questions and Tina gawks at him as Mr Briarwood takes the sheet from Jace and flips it to the front.

"No it doesn't and um...this fishy, no brainer ass...is this person talking about a student in this room?" Mr Briarwood asks and Jace points at me.

"Wow. What a shame that Mrs Honor Roll turns out to be a jealous B level student. Tina," Mr Briarwood sighs, laying the sheet on my desk and Tina pushes her seat back, knocking over her desk as she storms towards me, Jace gets out of his seat and holds her back. Her arms just yearning to grab my face and I scoot back as she starts to come closer and closer.

"Guys. Guys. Guys," Mr Briarwood says, separating Tina from Jace and as he comes close to me, I wrap my arms around his stomach and squeeze tight.

"Tina, go outside!" Mr Briarwood shouts.

"You're gonna pay, Cadaway! You are going to pay!" Tina shouts as she storms her way to the classroom door and walks out, slamming the door behind her. But instead of just having everyone stare at Tina's angry outburst out the room, they all just turn to me, all shocked but some impressed, and I sigh.

"What are you guys staring at? Turn around and do your quizzes. I'll be right back and um Jace, stop giving Blair a lap dance," Mr Briarwood jokes, erupting laughter in the room as he heads out of the room and Jace sits down in his seat, leaving his chilly, ice pale hand on my shoulder.

"Why do I always mess things up? Am I just screwing up my brother's reputation or something?" I ask, almost bringing tears to my eyes.

"No. Are you kidding? Tina's a bitch and she thinks that she's always right and better than everyone," chimes in the long brown haired and hazel eyed girl in front of me with a black and blue flannel over her white t-shirt as she faces me.

"You didn't screw up Danny's reputation. He did that same thing to Tina's older brother last year, so you're ironically following your brother's footsteps," adds the long brown haired boy with a very thick British accent and light green eyes.

"Really?" I question.

"Yeah, really," Jace answers and I smile, softly laughing a little as I look at the desk and back at the two students who defended me.

"I'm Erica Biers and that's Liam Lockhart," the girl introduces herself as she shakes my hand and Liam waves at me, only a small smile moves in motion with his greeting. "we know Jace, so no worries. You're Blair Cadaway, Danny's younger sister, so being attractive does run in the family, huh?"

"I guess," I shrug and Erica laughs at me, sons of it having to be cut off by the end of second period bell ringing.

"You guys wanna hang out at the cafeteria later?" Liam asks as the four of us stand up and start heading outside.