And Now The Dance

(Blair's POV) The Dance

Just when I thought my natural habitat wouldn't have gotten more appreciated and beautiful. We arrived to the dance, the gymnasium to be specific catching the attention of almost every boy and girl there as they murmur about us during the walk in. The first person I see as soon as I walk in was Ky, pretty much sitting a table alone wearing the exact same tuxedo Jace is wearing, but with sleeves and I tap his shoulder for him to look at me and he smiles.

"Well look who's taking the crown this year. Jeez you look pretty," he compliments my dress, flattering me and I giggle a bit under my hand.

"Thanks Ky. Did you see anything off yet?" I whisper to him.

"Mhm. It's not electric though. It's just something steamy in a big black box near the stage and I can't even tell what is it. When I try to get near it, Heston and Red are just everywhere and they don't even let anyone near it. When I find out, I'll tell you," Ky says and I catch Theresa and Tina staring at me, whispering and giggling to themselves as they look and I sigh, nervously. "Blair, your gonna be fine. They don't mean shit."

"I'm just scared about why they want me dead," I answer him, keeping a straight face as I glance back at him, apathetically.

"Everyone is here to protect you. Just stay calm, okay?" Ky says to me and I nod, suddenly feeling Jace's left hand crawl around my stomach and his lips press against my cheek. "and I'm still jealous."

"What?" I question and Jace smooches me and carries me the other way from Ky's table, leaving him laughing to himself.

"Don't worry about it," Jace answers why Ky's confused and I shrug, hugging him and lay against his chest as we dance slowly to a romantic slow song.

"Perfect Two" by Auburn plays over the speakers around the gym, matching to the pink, fuchsia, and white strobe lights flashing from the ceiling over the crowd. Even though I can't hear his heart for he's dead but immortal, I imagine that it beats against my ear as he hold on to me tightly, locking his arms around my back and keeping me warm a little. Giving not a care in the world about Tina laughing at me, Theresa and her crazy older brother trying to kill me, and possibly the Wolves try to enforce it, I keep myself calm in the arms of my boyfriend swaying left to right and I snuggle against him, making him grin and kiss my forehead.

"Are you cold?" he asks.

"Yeah but then you have cold skin, dumdum," I tease and he chuckles softly as he takes off his vest and wraps it around me. It makes me warm due to having a big sized vest which the back covers my arms already and arm holes overlap each other, and with his arms around me again and I sigh with a smile on my face and lay against his left pec.

"What are you thinking about babe?" he asks, over my head and I shrug.

"Nothing really. It was the Little Mermaid," I answer him, telling him what the writing was a long time ago when we first met.

"The Little Mermaid? What about it?" Jace questions.

"That's what I was writing that day. An essay on The Little Mermaid, and you said that you thought it was good," I explain to him.

"The best writing I've ever read," Jace adds to my explanation and I blush as we look at each other for a brief moment and he leans in and kisses me.

(Veronica's POV) The Table

Nothing off yet. Red isn't in my sight, his slutty sister just talking to her geeky best friend and I overhear it to figure out there's nothing about Blair yet or the Cadaways, no spread about any hijacking tonight, everything seems to be fine...and I don't like it.