The Fight for Water

"Danny, go now. I'll handle this," Ky says, loudly to Danny and then I started to wheeze and cough, catching a glimpse of my thighs changing to the color blue. "Danny! Go!"

"Thanks man. Come on, hurry!" Jace hollers and Danny runs me out of the cafeteria, following behind Jace and Erica follow in pursuit with us.

"Hang on, Blair. We're almost there, sis. Just hold on," Danny whispers to me and I lay my head against his chest. I'm already feeling lightheaded when it was just ice cold water that was dumped on my head. Wow. The first day of school. Just when I thought nothing could go wrong. Hey Mom, I think you're gonna have to get Lonnie for me. I don't think I'm gonna make it.

"Blair? Blair?" Danny asks, shaking me awake and I'm suddenly laying on the floor, a blue and white tiled floor near a pool of a very weird crystal clear, blue fluid behind me.

"I don't she's gonna be okay in there alone like that," Erica says and Danny pulls off his black t-shirt, causing Erica to blush at him.

"Where---where's Jace and Liam?" I mutter.

"They went out for a second and they'll be back. Okay Danny, you have to---" Erica worries, but Danny pushes me into the pool and then jumps in after me. "push her in."

The lightheaded feeling, it's gone. The wheezing and feeling that I swallowed sharp nails and wood dust and they stayed in my throat, it's just gone. Every single point they I felt pain transformed to something new; my legs which have now became my light blue mermaid tail, my chest that made my white t-shirt change into a light brown, amber shell bra, and my neck, traced with a diamond pearl necklace and I gasp myself awake, finding Danny looking at me, clutching his chest and I pull him up to get him air.

"Oh god! How can you even breathe down there? Shit," Danny pants and I laugh.

"Blair, you alright?" Erica questions as I hand Danny to her and I nod.

"Yeah," I answer.

"Your tail looks so cool. Did you paint glitter all over yourself?" Erica jokes and I roll my eyes and smile at her.

"Dan, are you alright?" she turns her attention to Danny as he shimmers water out of his hair and slicks it back.

"Yeah. If my sister's okay, then so am I," he answers, comforting me as I lay my head against his left leg.

Then suddenly, the doors are barged open, interrupting the small get together and Jace and Liam run in, dragging Ky covered with blood, and I gasp as they lay him down on the floor at the edge of the pool and Danny runs over to them.

"He actually did have our back," Liam pants and Danny looks down at Ky, gasping for air and I swim over to his left side, clutching his hand dipped in the water.

"Ky?" Danny asks and Ky looks at him.

"Yeah?" he answers, panting relentlessly and I glance at Danny as he lays his hand on Ky's heart.

"Are you still with them or are you with us?" Danny asks.

"If I saved your sister from getting her ass whooped by my co-leader and tried to kick his ass so you could save her from dehydration, what makes you think I'd be on their team anymore?" Ky asks and Danny, Erica, I glance at Jace and Liam.

"He has a point," Jace answers.

"Actually two," Liam adds and I gawk at him.