Night Fall

(Jace's POV) Clinic Resting Room

"I need to find this goddamn asshole who's been biting these kids and leaving them half changed," I sigh, sitting on the side chair on the side of the wall just watching Zander freak out with tape over his lips and rope all over his body and tied to the chair.

"What are you gonna do when you find him? He could be just like you and your dad. Probably with the same diamond skin or not," Ky shrugs, taking a seat beside me.

"Well then that would suck and if they don't have that skin, then I'll yank their fangs out from their jaw," I answer, making Ky chuckle at me.

"So do I have to hold his hand again?" he asks after laughing for a little.

Finally realizing what he actually meant by that, Ky was the one who had to be there to restrain Veronica when I bit her and held her hand. What does that mean for Zander? Does it have to be Ky or a girl? But I'm never going to let Blair do this and then Veronica could actually fight Zander if he crushed her hand even if she couldn't feel it.

"You wouldn't kick his ass if he crushed your hand, would you? You're close to wolfing out soon and then he's going to be biting someone or something as soon as he's out of here. You don't have to and he won't hurt me though. He could be a newborn at the moment and he's going to be strong as fuck, but he can't hurt me," I explain, passively as I can while Zander starts kicking the wall and door and then his bitemark starts to spew blood.

"But you could drain him instead of change him," Ky adds to compromise with my explanation, where he does stand correct on. "I don't want you to go to jail, man and plus you're one belligerent motherfucker and I'm pretty sure that you'll kill all the inmates in the prison you'd go to."

"Yeah," I burst out laughing with Ky as he jokes about my anger issues.

Then finally, I come to the conclusion that he has to stay in case I don't end up hurting the dumbass who's working to kill my cousin. So I get out of the seat to quietly shut the door and Zander spits his tape out at the back of my head once I lock the door.

"What the fuck are you doing?! I just got my ass kicked and then you're tying me up?! Are you fucking stupid?!" Zander shouts at me.

"Well he could have left you to die just bleeding out on the floor for god knows what creature is in this supernatural school to just tear you apart, but then this "idiot" decided that he could actually change you since your maker barely did anything. You're still human, which why you could still feel pain when he kicked your ass," Ky defends me as I just sit on the floor instead of standing up to check on Zander's neck which the mark isn't really getting better.

"What? Wait, why? I'm working to kill your best friend," Zander questions in disbelief.

"Cousin," I correct him and Zander sighs.

"Why are you helping me if I want your cousin dead?" he asks.

"I don't know why. I fucking hate you, but then I remember that when you're changed for the first and last time, you're going to feel like someone just lit you on fire, dosed you with gasoline, and pushed you in a pile of tacks and so if you want to be my rival, which will never happen since I already have one, might as well go through it or just die," I explain, getting up from the floor and pushing his head down for his bite mark to be the only thing in my eyes.