Parent-Teacher Conference Day

(Blair's POV) Outside Mr McClain's Classroom

{The Next Morning}

We arrive to the school the next rainy morning, but even though it was raining, I managed to get into the building on my own two feet thanks to Jace and Danny's mountain of three year old rain jackets and have them wrap me up into a human burrito. All I really needed was rain boots, a rain poncho, a rain hat, and rain pants, but this felt a thousand times better being carried by four boys while being covered in raincoats. I'm the raincoat queen! Jeez that sounded better in my head and now that just sounded stupid.

I stay outside in front of my favorite teacher's classroom while he talks to both my parents and Jace's mom, leaving me, Jace, and Ky to play card games in the middle of the hallway during the conference.

"Got any sevens? Ow," Ky is nudged on the head by Jace as we play "Go Fish - Griffin Edition" where if the person who is asked for the card the other player wants and if they don't have it, they're nudged on the top of their heads and forced to draw another card. So far, Jace has hit me twice, I hit Ky three times, and Jace was hit seven times, but he can't feel it. Cheater.

"Jeez why don't you have any of the cards I ask for?" Ky sighs, rubbing the top of his head and grumbles as he takes another card.

"Because I don't, dumbass. Blair, do you have any queens?" Jace asks me.

"Do I count?" I joke with him and Ky laughs at me while Jace softly chuckles and smiles at me.

"Yeah but on the cards, babe," he says, still laughing at me.

"Nope," I answer, bobbing Jace's right shoulder and he pulls another card from the deck on the floor.

"That was good," Ky whispers to me and I laugh.

"Ky, do you have any twos?" I ask him.

"Yeah, my entire damn deck. I'm out," Ky says, showing off his eight cards of twos and throwing them down on the floor in front of him.

"Dude. What the fuck? I asked for a two three turns ago. You were supposed to be out a couple minutes ago," Jace realizes.

"And I asked for a four five turns ago and you were supposed to have three cards left instead of ten a couple minutes ago," Ky argues back with Jace and I laugh behind my deck of cards, knowing that I cheated both Jace and Ky four turns ago and the boys turn to me.

"What?" they both ask.

"I had three queens and five eights. I was supposed to be out before Ky," I confess, tossing my cards on the floor in front of the boys and Jace bursts out laughing while Ky falls back on the floor and covers his face.

"I love you," Jace says to me, breathlessly through his laughter as he lays back on the floor and I giggle under my hands as I rest my back against the wall.

"Ky, I'm so sorry," I apologize while Ky still lays back on the floor in disbelief and disappointment of me and he turns away from me.

"What's wrong with Ky?" Danny walks into the conversation with Veronica in puzzlement of what's going on.

"We were playing Go Fish - Griffin Edition and Blair tricked both of us," Jace explains and Danny starts laughing with him as Veronica pulls Ky off his back and onto his bum to face the three of us.