Capture Me

"So the plan is to have Jace jump into the water and find Blair before the natives find her and then burn her to death, right?" Liam asks, carrying Veronica on his back as he follows behind Uncle Luke (who's now a huge light brown wolf and instead of yellow eyes, they're more of a bold red, and unlike Ky, he has pointier ears and buffer legs).

"Yeah. I didn't know that the boathouse was this far," Danny says, beginning to slow down to catch his breath, but instead, Mr Briarwood lifts him over his shoulder and carries him to catch up with the rest of the group. "thanks Second Dad."

"Mhm," Mr Briarwood accepts Danny's Thank You, flatly and we could the trail on the side of the road and speed up as we now pass both the high school and the elementary school to the road which leads down to Ocean Breeze Sammy's Boathouse.

(Blair's POV) The Ocean Floor

Laying here on the sand, such a carefree zone to adapt under. Free of stress, free of fear, free of pain, everything's just...peaceful. There's a seven foot tiger shark being pondered by guppies and goldfish, a baby stingray and a baby jellyfish---

"Blair,"

I'm suddenly beginning to think that maybe I should stay down here instead of having to be annoyed or chased by those stupid Wolves. I know that I could take care of them myself and then Jace and Danny to protect me if it starts to get out of my control, but being down here is rather more satisfying and relaxing than up there. I'm only up there for I love cuddling with Jace, messing around with Danny and Lonnie, and hanging out with my new best friends and my new and original family, nothing else. This is really the only place that I belong.

"Blair?"

I already said Jace. Why do I still hear him?

"Maybe because I'm right beside you, babe,"

Right beside---oh. Hey.

Rotating my head to the left to locate the voice chiming my name came from, Jace stays on my left side, sitting up and facing me over his right shoulder and I stay on the sand to grasp on to the cold stone hand that was creeping into mine before he could tighten his grip.

"You alright?" he asks, bubbles flying out of his mouth and nose as he talks to me.

"Yeah. This time my eyes are open to see you here in my natural habitat. Why are you down here though, babe?" I question.

"Well you know you left Brianna alone to Red and Heston under a full moon and then you Danny, Lonnie, and Mr and Mrs Cadaway ended up getting captured and almost burned by a couple of native hunters and they're coming after you now, but I'm the only one that could come down here to get you quick enough before they could," Jace explains in a quick nutshell.

Wow, so then both Ky and Mr Sabanthia are going to kill me and then so are Mom and Dad. Oh great.

"And so you're telling me to leave my home alone to go back up there?" I ask him, scornfully and he glances at me, his eyebrows a bit scrunched over his eyes as I sit up.

"Yeah. You don't want to be eaten, do you?"

"No but I love it down here. I'm sorry but I'm not going back up there," I apologize, getting up from my spot.

"Blair---" Jace tries to reconcile with me, but I swim away, accidentally slapping him with the end of my tail as I speed off. "don't make me come after you!"