My Girl

(Jace's POV) Hospital Room

All the laughs and shrugs were suddenly all cut short when Mom rushes back into the room and slams the door behind her in a way that makes it seem that whatever was outside that door was probably after her as she lays her back on the back, taking a deep breath out as she enters.

"Heston's here," she answers us.

"Heston? Why the hell is he here for?" Mr Cadaway asks, standing up from his chair beside Blair's bed and Liam starts grabbing and gathering all of Blair's things from the side of the bed.

"He's after both Ky and Blair, one to finish her off and then to destroy him for trying to fucking up their plans," Mom explains.

"No, he's messing with me then. I fucked up his jaw, I could take his eyes out too if he wants to touch them, especially my friends. Where did you see him?" I ask, clutching my fists into a tight ball, hard enough that the pale and blueish veins pop out. Normally, that's what would make my fists turn red and my whole body heat up, but since I'm seventeen and immortal with ice cold skin and bone crushing fangs, yeah it's completely different.

"He's out in the hospital. I think he's heading for the generator," Mom explains.

"To turn off the lights. If he gets the lights out then we wouldn't know if Blair fell or not because she won't hear us or call us," Veronica figures out.

"Then we need to get Blair the hell out of here now and Ky can take care of himself, right?" Dad asks as he lifts Blair into his arms while Danny and Lonnie pick up her stuff.

"We're at the same level, but he's tougher than me," Ky explains.

"Then I'll stay behind. Just get her out of here before he cuts the lights," I offer.

"But what if he overpowers both of you? He's a wild alpha, he's not like Red, Jace," Ky says.

"But then my father is a god, pretty much like Red's level but with bloodlust and fangs, and then I'm the son, near his level and half a wild and then tamed newborn. Does it look like I give a shit about a wild alpha trying to maim me when I broke his jaw a couple of hours ago and he barely put a finger on me when he pulled off the stage from Blair? No I don't. He can try and overpower me, it's not like I'm not going to snap his tailbone when I get the chance to," I explain quickly with the straightest stare on my face. "just get her out of here."

"Then I remember that you brutally murdered two nurses when you were thirteen," Ky remembers, approaching the window and pulling it up. "guys hurry."

"Be careful, babe," Veronica says, giving Ky a hug and follows Liam out of the window afterwards. While Dad carries Blair to the escape window, she grabs my hand to squeeze it gently, we slowly let go as she reaches the window and finally she leaves; Lonnie, Danny, and Mr and Mrs Cadaway follow behind her.

"Both of you be careful and Ky, please watch him," Mom says, giving the both of us hugs, but adds a kiss to the cheek for me and a pat on the back for Ky.

"I will, I promise this time," Ky promises.

"Ace, come on," Mr Cadaway whispers, followed by an eruption of screams and shrieks out the room and as soon as Mom leaves through the window, the lights shut off, blaring the lockdown alarms and quickly barricading the window; no exits now.

"You're not going to leave me for dead, right?" Ky asks me as I turn the doorknob to leave the room.

"That depends if you're going to slow me down, but you're a big bad werewolf, right? You don't need me," I shrug, but suddenly Ky whips his head back into the room which kinda stuns me to question what's wrong with him. "and you look scared. What's...wrong?"