My Home

Now we're back to where we were before Blair left the house alone and when Jace and the other supernatural ones in the pack were at Uncle Luke's apartment to keep away from us, but what's different is that they're back home and now Ky is back to normal and not dressed up in black fur. Watching Looney Tunes instead of Adventure Time, I wait for Lonnie to come back from the bathroom and Blair and Danny to come back from talking to their parents, so I'm all alone...again and already, I feel something warm and wet drip down onto my right hand, startling me. As I raise it up, I discover blood on my thumb and more dripping down from my nose and onto the palm of my hand. The bathroom door is locked from getting any tissues or napkins to plug it up, so I'll just let it...

A paper towel flies in front of my face, attached from a tannish white hand and roughly bitten fingernails. For me guessing who it was giving me the napkin, I take it from him and clinch it over my bloody nostrils, tilting my head back at the same time he wraps his arm around me and leaves his long, rough, messy brown hair to tickle my cheeks and my eyes.

"I didn't want to bother you because I had just had nosebleeds," I confess to my overprotective older brother who gives a quick glance to me and caresses my left arm.

"How many times have you had them, Brie?" Ky asks me.

"Once---"

"A day?"

I stumble to answer his question, but I had to tell him sooner or later. "probably three or four times."

"And why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"I just didn't want to put more stress on you worrying about my nose than your transformation stages," I answer, a little bit bothered but depressed.

"Brianna, what's your last name?" Ky oddly asks me, setting me off dazed.

"Sabanthia," I reply.

"And what's my last name?"

"Sabanthia,"

"What are you to me?" Ky questions me.

"Ky, can I just---"

"What are you to me, Brianna?" he repeats himself, a tad aggressively than how he asked me the first time.

"My older brother," I answer him, lowering my head as the blood finally discontinues from disturbing the natural wellness of my nose than having it be irritated.

"It doesn't matter if I'm learning something new about my abilities or not. You know it's my job to protect you both outside and inside," Ky says.

"Like in the house and outside the house?" I tease.

"No, you dum dum," Ky catches on to my joke with a warm smile on his face and I laugh as he bumps my shoulder. "I love you, you knucklehead,"

"I love you too, you ragdoll," I reply to him with a playfully insulting nickname and give him a hug as he laughs at me. "you didn't get mad at Blair, did you?"

"Of course not. You know I was there when she explained herself on why she left and when she cried about it. She did take care of you for the most part before Red and Heston almost ate you alive. I just wish you didn't leave the house," Ky shrugs.

"And leave her to get killed? Do you know how angry Jace and Danny would be if anything happened to her? Yeah I'm younger than everyone here, but she did take care of me more than anyone in the house at the moment and I didn't want to lose her and not bother finding her. I was the only one awake and I had no time to get Danny because she was already out the door. I'm sorry but I just don't want to let her get hurt," I explain, worriedly as Ky stares at me with deep eye contact and I lay against his shoulder, pouting as I resume watching Looney Tunes in bed.