Newly Divorced

(Acadia's POV)

-----(FOUR YEARS AGO)-----

"You look stunning today, but that's not new since you're always gorgeous," compliments Mr Pale Skin Scene Boy aka my best friend Mason Briarwood as he rolls by in his rolling chair as I sit in my checkout desk alone, staring at my computer.

Mason Briarwood, also known as East Clover Hill Towne Center's Most Hottest Cashier...who is also my best friend, second only to my first best friend, Troy Cadaway, Sea Cliff Community Center's Hottest Lifeguard and then Fitness Trainer now. This is the only time Mason is actually really nice and sweet to anyone, just only towards me. Other than that, he's mostly just very broody and a huge dick to almost everyone. It could be an elderly woman, a couple of childish teenagers who keep thinking that skating through the mall is a smart idea (he's even ruder to them and I don't blame him), a little girl crying because her candy spilled all over the floor, and he was mean to me once because one of my dresses was a bit too, oh what's the word? Sexy? And then I came back at him for one of his t-shirts showing too much chest and not enough neck, and that's how we became friends.

Mason is and was the only best friend I have in this god forsaken store since most of the colleagues and including my own boss claims me as a "dirty little prostitute" and I got the hint when Mason saw my mailbox and there was a birthday box that said "To The Prostitute" and my boss was dumb enough to leave his name in the corner. Okay then...

"Not now, Mason," I sigh, depressed as I lay my head on the desk and start pouting.

"What's wrong, Ace?" Mason asks as he rolls his chair in front of the desk so that we stare at each other eye to eye, but I'm eye to naked ring finger.

"Edwin and I got divorced today," I explain, showing off my left hand without the platinum diamond ring over the ring finger.

"Sweet! So you're open," Mason smiles.

Edwin and Mason met numerous times and most of them were during times Edwin was being abusive and violent towards me. The funny thing about them is that Edwin doesn't know how much Mason hates him with such a volcanic passion, but then fakes being cool with him when Edwin has one of his days where he wants to be drunk and try to hurt me. But then Mason snapped (which is one of the most scariest times I've ever seen him) when Edwin hit me with my store keys (fifteen in all), one landed hard on my eye and my arm, busting it open, and Mason beat the shit out of him. To this day, Edwin avoids walking me into my job because of Mason and now we don't have to worry about him anymore.

"Heh. Who would want to date an epic failure like me? I'm just a walking travesty with no taste of love life. I'm just a slut, Mason," I answer Mason in disbelief as I slump.

"I would date that epic failure. I would date that walking travesty, and if you're the slut, then I'm the playboy. You are so beautiful, you know that?" Mason makes me blush as he caresses my hand while I keep staring at my ring finger and smugly I smile, but turn away and struggle to keep a straight face.

"Stop it," I giggle, covering my face with my hand as my face beams of flattery which makes Mason begin to laugh at me. "I hate you."

"I'm in love with you," he says with a cocky smirk on his face and I, as red as a damn rotten tomato, crash my head on my desk which makes Mason laugh at my embarrassment.

"You're so embarrassing," I squeal, muffling against the table and Mason keeps laughing.

"Okay tell you what. How about you and me go to your favorite restaurant right now? Just right now. Come on, Ace," Mason bumps my shoulder as I lift my head up and lay back in my chair, feeling uneasy and anxious about what to do.