Effects of La Luna

The moon is set
My body is asleep
But my mind isn't
Pushing my way out of the bed
His hand rolled off my stomach
Landing carefully on the covers
My feet travel a distance to the front door
My shoes are left behind near the doormat
Now I glide barefoot out the room
To only find my way back home
The Atlantic

(Jace's POV) Luke's Cabin

"Ky looks pretty cool as a wolf," Veronica gets a conversation going from a half hour long silence Ky's new form to his transformation.

Now through a couple of hours of Ky yelling, screaming, crying, growling, roaring, shouting, cursing, howling, and snarling as his stages of morphing started getting worse and worse, he finally changed into a wolf and all it took was Luke fighting him a couple of times to trigger it. He has a mix of dark brown and black fur and his eyes are still the sharp bold red like his alpha stage. The only thing that I never expected about him is that he's not as violent and ravenous like actual wolves are supposed to be. When Veronica petted him when he shape shifted finally, he didn't bite her hand off and instead he just jumped on her and licked her cheeks. I actually expected him to be an actual dick, but this is better than I thought it'd be.

"He's not as violent as I thought he'd be. He's actually less aggressive than he was as a werewolf," I add.

"Only because he knows all of us. Imagine what could happen if Red or Heston showed up," Liam has us think about Ky's tranquility towards us and then I realize that Liam is right, Ky will never be as calm and kind if Red or Heston showed up here.

Leaving the cabin over to Ky who was laying in the grass all alone, chained against the tree, I sit down on a patch beside him, catching his attention to raise his pointed ears up to alert himself of my arrival and he switches off from the grass and over to me.

"You actually look pretty cool this way. You're huge, furry, can't talk at all, I'm actually impressed that you survived through that to make it to this. I'm proud of you," I sigh.

"You are aware I'm older than you by a year, right?" Ky asks me through my head as he physically lays his head over my right leg and I chuckle.

Fun fact: Ky turned eighteen before I did but I'm older than him supernaturally by a thousand years.

"Yeah, but I'm still proud of you anyway," I admit.

"Says the dude who became a lord right in front of me. I should be proud of you, flame head," Ky jokes with me and I scoff, laughing underneath my breath and suddenly, Luke runs out of the cabin with an ax and he runs over to the tree.

"The moon isn't set yet," I say, but Luke ignores me and axes the chain in half and pulls off the leash on Ky's neck.

"Danny called. Brianna and Blair left the house. We don't know why and we don't know where they went," Luke explains, breathlessly.

"Why in the hell would Blair take her outside?" Ky asks, standing up on his four legs.

"Aw shit. I forgot mermaids are affected by the moon. Brianna might have followed her to the ocean," I realized and a second after, Ky lifts me onto his back like a weightless dummy and just zooms out the forest.

During that time while we were chasing through the woods, sharply dodging tree by tree and having the others follow us from behind, I squeeze onto a handful of fur in each hand and I hear him angrily growling and snarling the entire way from the forest and quickly back on actual gravelly road.

(Brianna's POV)

"Blair! Blair!"

I've hollering Blair's name for the past ten minutes and yet she still hasn't answered back. How can she just leave the house with no shoes or phone and then expect us to think she's fine and she never left whatsoever? Oh wait, I did that too.