The Painful Way

~ PRESENT TIME ~

(Jace's POV) My Bedroom {The Next Morning}

Leaving the bed for Blair to relax and sleep for a couple of minutes, I walk downstairs without my shirt and just my pajama pants to the living room while everyone else sleeps (apart from Mom, Dad, Liam, and Veronica) and turn on the tv with a packet of blood from the fridge and lay back to watch cartoons. It's been a pretty rough two days and if I'm watching cartoons when I absolutely hate them, have no shirt when my best friend's family is in the house when I always have to wear one, and just sitting by myself without Danny or Blair beside me, then yeah, it's been a rough couple of days.

"Hey man,"

Joining me in my unperturbed not wearing any shirts mood at the moment is Ky, with one of my old t-shirts (which kinda fits him but it's too tight that his abs poke out under the shirt and his pecs bulge out as well) and when I glance at him from the tv, I move over for him to take a seat and he slumps back into the couch, lazily.

"Hey," I reply back to him a little while after and squeeze the packet so that the blood spills down my throat.

"You know I've always wanted to know how that tastes?" Ky oddly asks me and I glance at him, slowly out the packet top from my mouth and handing it to him.

"Knock yourself out, but spit it out and my mom will kill you," I answer after Ky takes the packet and stares at the packet which wasn't even halfway close of being empty.

I lay back, crossing my legs over the ottoman and watch the cartoon show Looney Tunes I think while Ky stupidly tastes what my food tastes like. Then as he hands me back the packet, his face just colored with disgust and bitterness, I can tell that he prevents from swallowing when I put the packet bottle cap in my mouth and I go back to watching tv.

"This is so gross---" Ky mumbles out a drop of blood and quickly I catch it in the middle of my palm and lick it off my hand easily and look at him. "fine I take it back." And I go back drinking my packet of blood while he cringes and prevents to swallow, only making it worse.

"Just swallow it and stop acting like a baby," I roll my eyes while Ky annoyingly continues to cringe with blood in his mouth and I stare at him as his entire face turns purple, so to prevent him from passing out and letting blood to spill out of the side of his mouth, I have to get one of my buckets for when I used it the first time I tried the taste of blood and spat it out and he just doesn't want to spit it out.

"Dude, just spit it out," I tell him and he keeps shaking his head when he avoids to swallow, even though I know that he doesn't want to.

"My mess, I'll do it," he mumbles and the moment he just starts to gag, I snap at him, just letting out a small, agitated hiss to scare him and he spits the blood into the bucket quickly after.

"Sorry man," he apologizes.

"It's alright. I'm always pissed early in the morning without these, so I'm sorry that I snapped," I apologize, putting the bucket behind the couch and laying back against the cushion.

"I thought it was kinda good at the first taste, but I guess I'm not going to get used to it," Ky confesses while I finish the blood packet and toss it into the bucket.

"Well you're a werewolf, I'm a newborn so obviously you wouldn't get that used to it," I point out to him while we both lay back against the cushions and sigh at the same time. "and I never thanked you for saving my ass earlier in the elevator."

"You scared me shitless twice when I tried to carry you out, so counting this time and that time, I was almost bitten in one day," Ky laughs, followed by having me laugh with him and then sigh it out again.