What Is She?

(Lonnie's POV) Blair's Hospital Bed

It's been a couple of hours since Jace dropped me and Brianna off at the hospital and then found Mom hysterically crying beside Dad and Danny, just silent for pretty much the first time since I've seen him without even attempting to help Dad console Mom at all. He's like Jace at the moment, but Jace isn't at the moment very giddy as he just reads Blair's medical sheets.

I feel better at the moment just laying here beside my dozing sister in her hospital bed while having her blanket over me, but this is possibly the worst sleepover ever.

"Hey Jace? How come you never said anything about you knowing how to speak Italian?" I ask, lowly to start a conversation with the most angriest man in the room.

"I just say it to calm myself down, so it's pretty rare since I'm not Italian," Jace answers me, putting the clipboard back onto the table and glancing at me.

"Then what are you? You look like you're British or something? If you're British, what does foot mean? I'm trying to figure out what I should call Danny for a new nickname," I joke with a straight face and Danny, along with Jace and Brianna laugh at me.

"Well I'm not British but in Italian, foot means piede," Jace replies and I chuckle.

"Hey Danny, you're now Piede," I announce to Danny, causing the entire room to erupt with laughter and during the guffawing, Blair's doctor, Dr Fischer arrives into the scene and quickly we all snap back into the silence we were at before the laughter and jokes entered.

"Oh. I never thought I'd see my daughter's killer in the same room as my patient and this time it's not your mother on the hospital bed, is it?" Dr Fischer asks, turning her attention to a more cocky and unperturbed Jace as he stares at her with a pretty terrifying smirk on his face.

"I still have the taste of her lavender perfume in the back of my throat. You could have seen her, not even a single "I love my mom" before she you know "went to hell"," Jace shrugs.

"Jace," Mr Briarwood calls to tell Jace to stop and Jace just shrugs at it. "stop it."

"Sorry," Jace apologizes, sitting back on his chair so Dr Fischer could read out the results for Blair.

"So your daughter is doing fine and she fought through all the dry ice water which entered through her lungs, her nose, and her ears and she's gonna be fine," Dr Fischer explains the stats, but then there's something suspicious about how she says "fine" almost carried on and a crack in her voice.

"But what?" Ky questions Dr Fischer's uncertainty in her speech.

"Um," Dr Fischer clears her throat and pulls at her doctor's lab coat collar to release the feeling of anxiety before she could say anything.

"Well?" Mom questions.

Suddenly, I feel Blair's arm pull me close to her chest and when I turn around, I see her light blue eyes slowly open to look around at everyone in the room and when she starts to rise up from the bed to alert everyone that she's awake, I immediately just hug her which knocks her back onto the bed with tears just rolling down my cheeks and Blair just hugs me tightly while we embrace into a very passionate and emotional hug. Too bad it had to end with a very bad result.

"She's temporarily deaf and on voice rest due to the dry ice just sticking to her eardrums and throat and we don't know when she's going to heal from it," Dr Fischer reports the bad news about Blair's condition which makes me whip my head around in confusion and then back at Blair.

"Deaf?" Dad questions.

"What the f---" Jace angrily mutters out when he throws his hands up in the air.