Chapter 5

Aubrey's POV

It seemed to take forever, but finally we made it to the bar. It was opening night and I wanted to check it out, so I figured this would be my best chance at finding a man. Surely the place would be busy and full of single men?

Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea as me, so when we got inside it was packed, people and mainly girls were everywhere and no tables available.

"Let's get a drink." Samantha said, grabbing my arm and leading me to the bar. "Two Corona's." She told the bar man and I glanced around while we waited.

There certainly was a lot of people here and a few of them were good looking guy's, my chances were looking slim, but maybe I'd get lucky. I glanced down at myself, feeling uncomfortable, maybe not.

Samantha handed me my beer and we stood there, looking around.

"Where are we going to sit?" I asked her, craning my neck and cursing us for both being short asses.

"Wait." Samantha said, tugging on my arm. "I see two guys at a table and there are spare chairs, maybe they'll let us sit there."

I smiled to myself. "Maybe they will." And hopefully they were good looking and completely available.

As we approached the table I smiled to myself, they were good looking, they were very good looking.

"I really hate to intrude." Samantha said as we approached them. "But there's absolutely nowhere to sit. Would you two mind if we join you?"

I glanced at them. God, they were ridiculously good looking and I began to feel a little awkward. I tugged on my dress a little wishing it was longer.

"Sure." The taller one said smiling and oh my god, his smile was beautiful and my skin tingled at the sight of him.

I smiled awkwardly and pulled out the seat next to him, sitting down and Samantha sat down next to the one with darker hair. I looked at him and frowned. God, he had better eyebrow's than me.

"It's pretty busy tonight." Dimples said smiling at us.

I nodded and took a mouthful of my beer. "It certainly is."

I looked around and yeah, it was getting busier by the minute, surely I'd meet someone, anyone. I was determined to do this, I really was.

"So um I'm Zack." Mr Perfect eyebrow's said smiling. "And this is Matt."

"Oh well I'm Samantha." Samantha told them. "And this is Aubrey."

I smiled and me being the dork I was stuck out my hand, to shake theirs. God, I was a dick.

They shook my hand anyway and I went back to looking to around.

"So what brought you two here?" The one called Matt asked and I looked at him.

"Needed a night out." I told him, taking another drink.

"God me too." He said softly, picking up his drink and taking a mouthful.

I glanced at his hand. Fuck, a wedding ring, well he was out of the picture. I glanced at Zack and sure as shit, he had a wedding ring on too.

I smiled at them, then kicked Samantha under the table.

"Ouch." She mumbled glaring at me.

I inconspicuously held up my hand, wiggling my wedding ring finger, hoping she would get the message and when she made an O with her mouth I congratulated myself on getting that message through.

"So." Dimples, I mean Matt said smiling. "Would you ladies like a drink?"

"Oh no." I said shaking my head. "I'm fine thanks."

This time it was Samantha who kicked me under the table. "Yeah, that would be nice." She told him smiling.

I glared at her as both Matt and Zack fought their way through the crowd to the bar.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. "They're both married."

"So." She snapped at me. "I'm not trying to hit on them, they offered, I accepted."

I rolled my eye's. "Yeah but sitting with them will kind of lessen my chances of finding some guy."

She smiled at me, draining her beer. "Shut up Aubrey." She laughed. "Just enjoy yourself and stop thinking about getting a guy."

I shook my head at her. That was the whole purpose of us coming out.

"Here you go." Matt said reappearing and placing a beer in front me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, smiling at him.

"So." He said turning to me. "Do you feel like dancing?"

"Um." I said taking a big drink. "I'm not quiet drunk enough yet."

He laughed and his smile was beautiful. I had to stop myself from staring at him like an idiot.

"Well let me know when you are." He said, winking.

I looked at Samantha, my cheeks going red. He just winked at me, a married man.

"So." Samantha said, smirking at me. "What do you guy's do for a living?"

"Well, if we told you,  you probably wouldn't believe us." Zack said, smiling softly and I noticed he had dark circles under his eye's.

"Try me." Samantha said and I swear she was flirting with him.

God I wish I had her self confidence, me flirting was a ridiculous idea.

"We're in a band." He told her.

I glanced at Matt, of course they were in a band, I thought they looked familiar.

"Oh sweet." Samantha said taking another drink.

"You should check us out." Matt said smiling at me.

Oh yeah, I'd like to check him out alright, preferably without the rest of his band around.

Oh god, he was married. What was I thinking?