Chapter 30

Samantha's POV

Today has been a roller coaster of emotions.

To be fair to all parties in a way I started it with my temper tantrum, but by midday things had taken a wonderful turn.

I was happy. Truly happy.

For the first time ever I was actually getting the guy.

It wasn't something I was entirely used to as I had been single for so long. Had so many disastrous relationships that only ended in failure. This one could also of course, but as of now I was getting the guy and I was happy.

I honestly felt like I was on cloud nine and I was floating on air. I think I can now understand the meaning being high on love because I believe I was feeling it. Right now.

Zack called around dinner time asking if I minded a little extra company. He felt it was time I met his son.

I was nervous because honestly, even though I am a teacher and I love children, babies terrify me.  I didn't really know the first thing about babies. But I was willing to learn.

But my biggest fear and largest concern was Aubrey. She was absolutely depressed.

She kept moving around the house in random outbursts. She wasn't eating and really wasn't talking. I felt horrible when I thought about her because here I was getting the guy and there she was crying. I didn't know how to comfort her because the only advice I could muster up was please don't give up. I knew her, she made her mind up. She was done

I agreed however.

The baby could cheer her up and make her smile. Babies had a funny way of doing that. Also maybe Zack could and would shed a little light on the whole Matt being married situation.

So of course I agreed to allow him to come over. I didn't even bother asking Aubrey because I knew she would say no. She thought she didn't need or want company. I knew differently it would help her.

Within a few short minutes after ending the phone call with Zack the doorbell sounded making me grin like a total idiot.

Zack was here.

"I'll get it." I called running towards the door past Aubrey in her weird vegetative state on the couch.

She didn't even budge.

I flung open the door smiling.

There's something incredibly sexy about a man with a baby. Zack took it to whole new heights.

"Hey." I breathed slightly flustered.

"Hey beautiful." Zack grinned leaning over with arm to hug my shoulders and softly kissing my cheek.

"So I take it this is your son." I smiled at the beautiful baby in his arms.

"Yep this is my little man." Zack laughed helping him wave a fat little fist.

"Well come in. The mosquitoes will tear this little guy up." I smile allowing him in. "Fair warning though, Aubrey is in a terrible mood." I mumble softly as he walks past me.

"Understandable. Matt wasn't too happy when I called him earlier either. Seemed like world war three was raging inside his house." Zack softly says with a sad smile.

"Really is that bad?" I whisper.

"Worse than we really can imagine. His wife, I use that term loosely, is horrible." He sighs shaking his head as we reach the living room.