Chapter 17

Aubrey's POV

"Wanna go to lunch?" Samantha asked, barging into my room without knocking.

"Do you mind?" I snapped.

"Get up." She snapped back. "We're going to lunch you miserable sack of shit."

I groaned, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Fine."

I was happy to go to lunch. It had to be better than spending my day off being miserable, laying around thinking about Matt while trying to avoid Hunter.

"Good and if dick face comes over." Samantha said. "We won't be here."

I had to agree with her there. Hunter had been over everyday after work, trying to suck up to me, but honestly I wasn't buying it this time, I had other things on my mind, such as Matt.

One night, that was all it had taken, one night with him and he was under my skin. I couldn't stop thinking about him, even when I was busy, or at work he was always in the back of my mind.

I'd met the perfect guy, but of course he was taken. It was just my luck.

"Let's do something a little fancy." Samantha suggested and I agreed, maybe fancy would make me feel better.

I dragged my sorry ass into the bathroom and showered quickly, spending a little time doing my hair, attempting to make myself feel better. I was failing of course. I felt like shit and my life was like a big pile of shit.

Sam showered while I decided what to wear, a simple dress would do and finally we were ready to leave.

I figured I would drive, so we both got in my car.

"Smile Aubrey." Samantha said, smiling at me.

Did she think I was stupid? I saw that lately her smile didn't reach her eye's. She was as miserable as I was.

I looked at her and gave her a big toothy fake smile. "Better?" I asked.

She rolled her eye's at me and shut up for the rest of the drive. I felt bad, it wasn't her fault I felt like shit, it was that stupid married asshole, who'd swept into my life, wooed me, fucked me senseless and left.

Great, now I wanted to cry again.

I bit my lip and parked the car, getting out and looking around. It was a nice day, so there were a few people around, but I knew the place we were going to would be relatively small and quiet.

I took a deep breath and followed Samantha inside, waiting for a table.

"It's a little busy." I whispered to her, removing my sunglasses and cursing. I wanted a quiet lunch.

She nodded and followed a waiter to a table and I trailed after her, looking at my feet, cursing the world for existing.

We sat down, getting comfortable and I picked up my menu, looking at it. Eating myself to death was looking extremely satisfying at this moment in time.

"Drinks?" The waiter asked.

"Two cokes." Sam said and I silently thanked her, she knew the thought of alcohol still made my stomach revolt after last weekends little effort.

I continued looking at my menu, envisioning me stuffing several things down my gob when Samantha interrupted my thoughts.

"Are you fucking kidding me." She hissed.

I glanced over my menu at her and frowned. "What?"

"Jesus fucking Christ Aubrey." She hissed. "They're here, right fucking here."