Chapter 19

Zack's POV

I was doing what I'd been doing all day, when my phone rang, interrupting me. I looked away from the clock and picked it up, answering.

"Yep." I said. I knew it was Matt, there was no need for formalities.

"NO YOU SHUT UP." I heard him scream on the other end.

"Are you okay?" I asked, him frowning at the sound of Val yelling.

"Nope." He snapped. "Can you get me in half an hour? I need to leave now."

Could I? Hell I'd been counting down the hours all day.

"Yep, I'll be there in half an hour." I told him hanging up and smiling.

I was smiling because I'd finally be getting out of this prison, albeit a few hours earlier than planned, but I didn't care, the earlier the better and we were seeing the girls tonight.

I'm pretty sure that was the only reason I had to smile these day's, the prospect of seeing Samantha again and of course my son.

Speaking of Samantha, I had better text her, let her know we'll be at the bar a little earlier than planned.

We'll be there in about 45 minutes I text, then hit send.

I smiled when she replied virtually straight away. See you soon

Damn straight she'd see me soon, and I couldn't fucking wait.

I jumped into the shower, washing my hair and having a quick shave, then I wrapped my towel around myself, heading into my bedroom.

"Where do you think you're going?" That fucking whiney voice that I was beginning to loath asked.

I looked at her, grabbing my pants. "Out." Frankly it was none of her business.

"No you're not." She snapped, glaring at me.

"Well." I said grabbing a shirt. "I fucking am."

"Zack." She whined. "You went out last week, I have plans for tonight."

I buttoned up my shirt, trying not to clench my fists in anger. "Well correct me if I'm wrong." I snapped at her. "But I'm pretty sure you've gone out every day or night this week."

"That's different." She snapped back.

"How the fuck is that different." I yelled, walking into the bathroom, the sight of her face making me feel nauseous.

"How dare you." She screamed following me. "How dare you trap me, make me stay at home with the baby."

"FOR ONE FUCKING NIGHT." I screamed at her. "I'm going, it doesn't matter what the fuck you say." Nothing was keeping me from tonight.

"Fine." She snapped. "The baby will have to go to your mothers."

"Actually." I said calmly. "That sounds like a better idea, at least I know he'll be cared for properly there."

I pushed past her, going back into the room and grabbing my shoes, pulling them on.

"How dare you." She wailed at me.

"No." I said standing up and grabbing my wallet. "How fucking dare you." And I walked out, towards the front door. "Oh and by the way." I said turning back to look at her. "Don't wait up for me, I probably won't be home until tomorrow."

I slammed the front door before she had the chance to respond. I didn't want to hear her shit, I was really done with her right now, just the sight of her infuriated me.