Chapter 8

Matt

What am I doing?

Honestly what the Fuck am I doing?

I can't stop staring at Aubrey

The way her dress clings to her curves it's hypnotizing.

"So you're in a band?" Her friend Samantha asked smiling at Zacky.

"We sure are." I heard him respond, but I was too busy staring at Aubrey to gauge his reaction.

"What do you guys do?" He asked the girls.

Yeah what do they do, besides walking into bars and making married men have improper thoughts.

Aubrey looked up at Zack blushing "Um, I'm a nurse." she mumbled, almost as if she was embarrassed.

A nurse. It was fitting. She seemed perfect for the job.

Besides scrubs are kind of cute and I bet she looked sexy in them.

"A nurse, I should have known." I smiled at her and winked.

Seriously I'm flirting like crazy.

I love my wife even if she doesn't seem to love me anymore.

I couldn't stop smiling. Aubrey was a beautiful intelligent woman talking about other things besides shopping, plastic surgery and club hopping or complaining about being a mother.

"Is it interesting?" Zack politely asks her.

"It has its good days and it's bad days." Aubrey murmurs, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Um what about you?" Zack asks Samantha.

"I'm a grade school teacher." She smiles with wide eyes.

Again I shouldn't be surprised she definitely seems the type. She's extremely polite probably from dealing with kids all day and teaching them grammar.

I was itching to for the dance Aubrey claimed she wasn't drunk enough for. "So you ready to dance yet?" I asked he,r unable to fight it anymore.

"No I am not." She shook her head, taking a large swig of her beer.

"Let me get you another." I smiled, standing up to head to the bar.

Zack stood up and asked Samantha if she was ready for another.

She must've said she did because Zack followed me to the bar close on my heels.

"Four Coronas and four shots of Jack." I asked the bartender slapping down my money.

"What are you doing?" Zack asked me frowning.

"What?" I asked him surprised.

Obviously I knew I was a married man and here I was buying drinks for a girl and shamelessly flirting with her, but god only knew what Val did while she was out.

Even though I didn't really want to know the details I'm sure flirting was part of it.

"Why are we buying these girls drinks?" He asked me raising an eyebrow.

"Look Zack it's kind of nice to have a normal conversation with someone." I snapped.

It was. It was very very nice. Something I hadn't had with a woman in a very long time.

"And if you haven't noticed they're actually nice. And they're not trying to get us in bed like most of those fangirls." I explained.

Zack nodded again "Yeah actually you're right." He agreed grabbing the beers.