77

Brads POV
Once I left the hospital it was late at night. I didn't know what else to do so I went to my local pub where I drank with many of my old friends who I use to spend a lot of time with. I drank and drank and drank till I could hardly see. I stumbled down the street and back to my house. I burst through the door and my family were all in bed. Then my mum came to the top of the stairs.

"Shhh mum everyone's sleeping" I say with my finger to my mouth laughing. She looks at me disapprovingly. "Why you looking at me like that?" I say stumbling as I walk and falling over a corner table.

"Derek!!" My mum shouts and my dad appears at the top of the stairs.

"Daddy!!" I shout laughing. He comes and picks me up and puts me in my bed. "Night mummy and daddy love you's" I say and they walk out. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

Maddison's POV
To be honest I thought Brad would have been back by now even if we did have an argument I still expected him to come back and we could have made up. , but he didn't I was sat here breast feeding my two girls on my own. I suppose i better get use to it anyway.

"No, excuse me you can't be here" I heard a nurse says as my door swung open and it was Anne. What was she doing here? I thought to myself.

"I'm here to see my daughter in law and my grand children now move" Anne says in a demanding tone I had never seen that side to her before.

"Anne what's wrong? why are you here so late?" I ask and the nurse just leaves us to it.

"It's Brad. He has come home so drunk he could hardly walk! Has something happened? We couldn't get two words out of him." I just stare at Anne.

"We had a fight because he is accepting the opportunity to go on tour in 2 months for 3 months and I had a massive go because I don't know how I'm going to cope then I told him to get out" I look up at Anne "but I do feel bad about it because I know he is doing this for us and to provide for our family and I understand that now but in the moment I was so angry." I say and tears start to form in my eyes. I get up with much pain and put Emily and Ruby back in their cots. Anne coos over them for a moment.

" I understand why you are angry but he is doing this for you and we will be there to help you, you could even move in with us while he is away, you could stay in his room and we'll get him to move the cots from your house to ours, we will make this work Maddison I promise." I smile at the realisation that everything might be fine after all.

"You are right Anne I need to talk to him"

"Well honey you won't get much out of him until the morning" she says laughing

"I cannot help but think this is my fault he went and got drunk." I say sad

"Honey it wasn't your fault Brad needs to learn that drink doesn't solve all his problems now you get to bed and I'll see you in the morning." With that she leaves me alone with my thoughts.

___
Not doing anything today so

10 comments 10 votes for next update