•Chapter Twenty• (Cam)

The warm summer breeze pierces my breath as I try to walk into the direction of my house. I drove home, but apparently getting to the door was going to be harder than I thought. The winds were picking up and thunder began to rumble nearby.
    Once I finally made my way to the front door, I had to take a few deep breaths. When wind blew directly into my face, I couldn't breath.
    I dropped my work stuff on the floor quickly and ran around the house hurriedly looking for Ginger. Bathroom? Nope. Bedroom? Nope. Living room? Nope. I checked everywhere. Upstairs, and in the basement, which I still had to show her.   She clearly wasn't in the house so I moved on. Right as I was about to walk out the door, my phone vibrated in my hand. Was it Ginger?
     Tornado Warning for Columbia Falls, Maine. Please advise that all businesses are now being closed due to the sighting of a funnel cloud hitting the ground. Do not sit near windows, and try to avoid using stoves, or anything electrical. You should also avoid being on the tallest floor of your house, and avoid using the television. Stay safe and be careful. -The Columbia Falls Police Department.
    I began to realize that not only was I screwed because it was getting dark, but there was also a tornado warning. Oh my god why now. I threw on my rain jacket and locked my front door behind me. I hopped into my car, and drove to the next place I thought of that she could be. Cedar Street.