•Chapter Twenty-Seven•

"This is only the beginning," stated my father as we silently snuck out of my mother's old shack of a house.
     "Well when does it end?" I asked grinning but also struggling to keep quiet as we exhaustingly made our way up the hill down the street. Our pace was beginning to progress, and they were keeping a good speed. Myself? Of course, I immediately began to slow down. I was tired as shit and couldn't take anymore. I needed to rest.
     "Well here's the thing," began my father sighing. "We have to get as far as possible from your mother because not only will she try to come and find us, but we have to do it before morning."
     "Right." I couldn't agree more. But,  I was still extremely tired. Couldn't agree more about that either.
     "So where are we headed exactly?" my sister asked.
     "Well, we have to find some form of transportation that can help us to get very far away. Something like an airplane or helicopter."
      "I know where we could go for that," I said in realization.
      "Where would that be?" asked my father.
      "Follow me."
      I couldn't be far from the police station, that was a fact, so I simply spoke real talk with both of them. "We have to run. It may be a short way to where we need to go in a car, but walking, not so much."
     "Where on Earth are we actually going?" asked my sister.
      "The police station."