•Chapter Twenty-One• (Cam)

A branch whipped right onto my windshield and I slammed the brakes as I lost sight of everything in front of me. Instead, my car decided it would continue sliding through the water flooding the road. Quickly, I unbuckled and opened my door. The cool but humid rain pierced my face and it hurt like hell. It was hard to see but I couldn't risk my life in this car anymore. It may have just been safer to walk. Or run. I was only a couple houses away from where I assumed Ginger's mother's house was and I could feel the dreariness in the air. The mood of this situation was not only bringing back memories of living here years and years ago, but it was bringing back memories with Ginger only days ago. I couldn't let her die. It wouldn't be hard for her to die if she was around her mother. Not one bit.
    I decided to switch into more of a jog and not a run yet because the area around me was so suspicious. Thankfully, I had a jacket that matched my surroundings at the moment. The sky was a weird red and everything just wasn't seeming quite right. It all seemed like I was standing in the center of a horror film, and a beast was looking to kill me and my girlfriend.
    I looked all around me. No one. Good. I slowed down a bit, but stopped when I heard the beginning of something. It was a high pitch noise. It was Ginger's scream. I began to cry at the sound of her painful holler.
     "Help!" She yelled bloodily.
     My cries didn't slow me down, they made me stronger. I ran for the life of me, and her. I cried hearing her screams and hollers as they replayed in my head on and on and on.
    "Abby I'm coming for you! I would never let you go!" I tried yelling it as loud as I could but the rain slamming across my face as I ran, and the fact I could barely breath made it difficult.
    The wind caught up with my running and I was in danger of dying just as much as she was. Before I could reach the doorway in the distance, I tripped on something, I don't know exactly what, but it sent me stumbling hard, and into a cold, rainy sleep.