Chapter 2- Torture

Annabeth's POV

My face was inches from the ground, my hair splattered across my face. My breathing was unsteady and my emotions were nowhere. The chains that clasped at my wrists, seemed to pull tighter with every move. A tickling feeling ran up my arm towards my shoulder.

Blood.

"Morning Slave. Did you sleep well?" His ice cold voice snaked around me.

"Rot in hell!" I spat in his face, a mixture of wolvesbane, saliva, and blood.

"Sorry sweetie, I'm already there." I could sense the cold hearted smirk on his face.

"Maybe you just need more sleep." I felt a prick on the side of my neck. My eyesight started to get blurry and a burning sensation rose up from my neck.

More wolvesbane.

"Nighty night." My eyes closed and I slumped forward.

Karma's POV

Louis and Tommy insisted on taking me maternity clothes shopping, so I let them. But, of course Louis was the cautious papa bear.

"Be careful, I wouldn't want you to slip and fall." Louis bit his lip.

I stared at him with a 'Are you freaking kidding me' face. He chuckled slightly as I continued to go through the racks. I pulled a royal blue sundress out from the rack.

I showed it to the boys for approval.

"When will you ever where that, it's still winter." Tommy crossed his arms.

"Um when it's spring and summer, duh." I narrowed my eyes at him. The babies were conceived in late December, so they'll be born in about September. I rubbed my tummy which had no baby bump. All the women in the store either had massive baby bumps or were just starting to show.

I held on to the dress. "I'm buying it." I shouted to Tommy, who just ignored me and continued looking at shirts.

"Ooh ooh! Babe, can we please get this, pleeeeaase?" Louis held up a matching twin set of clothes, they both had hugging carrots on them. I laughed at his 'obsession'.

"Sure, Lou. Ugh, I'm really thirsty-" Before I could ask Louis, he interrupted me.

"Lemonade coming right up." And he dashed out of the store.

"Honey, I think you would look amazing in this." Tommy said. Now that made me scared.

He held up a purple set of lingerie.

"No way am I wearing, not buying that." I protested.

"I 100% disagree." Louis came back, sipping on my lemonade.

"That was abnormally fast." I observed.

"Eh, I knew the guy, so he gave it to me free and I didn't have to wait in line." He said proudly.

"Cough* Popstar *Cough" I smiled a little. He came up from behind and lifted me up.

"What was that?" He then started tickling me and I broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Hey, no fondling in the store!" The old woman said.

"Well sorry." He muttered under his breath.

We paid for our things and just walked around the mall. When we passed by Hollister, I spotted a familiar face.

"Stacey?" I gasped. Her blonde hair whipped to the side.

"Oh my gosh, Karma! Where have you been, you haven't called me since like Autumn." He enveloped me in a hug. "Oh are these your friends?" She smiled, politely. Stacey is never the one who would date a guy friend of mine or steal an ex or current boyfriend.

"Actually..." I showed her both of my engagement rings.

"Wow, that's gorgeous! Wait, why do you have two?" Stacey was human of course, so she had no clue about my genes. "And why do you have maternity clothes..." She seemed to piece it together.

"You're pregnant! Oh my gosh! Can I be the godmother?!" She jumped up and down, genuinely excited for me.

"Of course you can be the godmother, Stacey. And I'm having twins." I added. This made her jump around even more.

"Hey I just finished my shopping trip for apparel, now I just need makeup. Ill buy you some, my treat." She linked arms and we skipped to the makeup store. The boys followed right behind us.

Katelynn's POV

Today would be a busy day for me. Tonight I had a meeting with the merpeople council. They said they had some important news to share with me. I had to be at the beach by 5:00 so I can transform. At my house, we had a spare bedroom, which I thought could be a nursery for Karma's twins whenever they come by.

"Kellin did you buy the paint?!" I was in the garage, trying to find the brushes.

"Yeah, yellow right? And a blue border." I got off the ladder and grabbed the brushes. The spare room was already lined with plastic so none of it gets on the carpet. Kellin was already painting the ceiling.

"Looking hot, babe." I laughed.

"Aren't I always?" He flipped his imaginary long hair. Copeland started crying.

"I got her." I told Kellin and he nodded. Copeland sat up in her bed with a big smile once she saw me.

"Hey Cope. Did you know you're going to have have cousins?" I asked, excitedly. She clapped her hands together, making me laugh. My phone started to ring.

"Hold on a second Cope." I laid her back in bed.

"Hey dad. Yeah I know 5:00. Early? Right now?! Shoot, ok I'm leaving."

I ran into the spare room.

"Kellin, there's some sort of urgent thing my dad needs to talk about so I need to go now. Ill be back by dinner." I kissed his lips and ran to the mini van.

**

I parked the car and ran to the cove. No one ever sees me since the giant rocks block me from sight. I stuck my feet into the water and waited to be transformed. I felt my legs stick together and I couldn't move them. My old tee shirt became more like a bra. My tail was a pearly lavender color with white fins. My 'bra' was the same white and my hair was in natural waves. I looked both ways on the beach to make sure no one was looking before I dove in. Underneath the water, I saw thousands of species of fish. There was a shark pit to my left and a depth to my right. I saw my dad approaching.

"Hey dad, so what was so urgent?" I asked. He had a very disappointed look on his face.

"Drew, as you know, is very evil and powerful." I sneered at his words. Drew really was evil.

"He's planning something disastrous. There's a traitor in the vampire group. You need to find out who and kill him before he grows stronger. He'll kill all of your friends and the people on your side until it's only Karma left. He'll do something before hand to make her grow weak. Then, he'll capture her and she'll never see daylight again." He told me. He put a hand on my shoulder to stop me from crying.

Karma is my sister on law, I can't let this happen. Then I zoned out.

Flash forward

Karma was in the living room, folding laundry in her new home. Louis had a recording session and Tommy went to see his pack. She was alone. I saw the calendar read February 10.

That's just in a month.

All of a sudden, Drew bursts in and grabs Karma. She thrashes around but he pushed her to the ground.

Then he does something terrible.