Chapter 40- Birthday Suprises

Kade's POV

"Are you sure you will be fine alone?" Louis asked me with two suitcases in hand. The remaining members of One Direction were continuing their Where We Are tour. "I could ring Tommy. He needs to be a better father figure."

Tommy had taken over his pack as Alpha, his brother Chavan, is his beta. Brett became his Third in Command and Jackson, Damon, and Sebastian are his most skilled warriors.

"I'll be fine, it's not like I get noticed in this house anymore." I mumbled. A sixteen year old girl should be happy, enjoying her sweet sixteen. But, I'll be abandoned in my home, with a poptart and a candle jabbed in the center.

"The tour bus is ready!" Liam called from outside.

Louis set his bags down and pulled out a small box. "Since I won't be here for your birthday, I should give you this. Your mom and I bought it earlier for your sweet sixteen." He handed me a small square velvet box. Probably some jewelry, but if it's from Mom, I'll wear it until the day I die. "Alright, I love you. Take care kiddo." He kissed my forehead and went to load his bags in the tour bus. I watched as the bus took off, Louis waving, but I just turned away.

**

Today's my birthday and I hate the silence. But, I am looking forward to opening that box from Mom. I went into the pantry, pulled out a poptart, stuck a candle in it, and sang 'Happy Birthday' to myself. I gnawed at my poptart while figuring out the complex lock on the top. Once I managed to unlock it, I opened the top. In the velvet lining was a set of keys and a note.

Happy Birthday, Love!

Head into the garage where I stashed your birthday gift. Enjoy! But, don't be too reckless, that thing costs money!

Love you!

<3 Mom and Louis

I read the note over and over trying to guess what the keys were for. I padded to the garage and shoved the key into the keyhole, but it wouldn't fit inside. So whatever my gift may be, these keys must go along with it. I felt around for the garage door key and found it on top of the door. I opened the garage and flipped the light switch on.

I nearly collapsed when I saw what was in the garage. A brand new truck, the exact truck I pointed out to Mom when I got my license. There was a giant over sized bow in the top and written in car paint on the windows were: Happy Sweet 16! We <3 U!

I covered my mouth to muffle my screams and immediately hopped into the drivers seat. I opened the garage and started the ignition. The truck's engine purred to life. I stepped on the gas pedal and drove around the neighborhood.

Karma's POV

I flipped through files of every human on earth to look for the perfect guardian angel. "Today's Kade's sixteenth birthday, you know." Marcel said from behind.

"How could I forget." I smiled at the thought of the giant smile on her face when she found her car. "Do you think she likes her car?"

"Of course. That's all she ever babbled about for a month straight. Thirty days of trucks." Marcel laughed. He wore a new white collared dress shirt and white pants. His eye sight became 20/20 so he doesn't need glasses anymore.

"The lads are on tour now." Harry entered my office dressed in white skinny jeans and a white v-neck. "They'll never survive with only three members."

"I'm sure they'll do fine, Hazza." I reassured him. I looked through my files until I fell upon Kade's file. "Why is her file in here? Marcel, your still her guardian right?"

"What? Let me see." Marcel snatched the file from my hands. "It says I'm no longer her guardian because I failed to remain on earth." Marcel rubbed his hands on his face, stressfully.

"Maybe I can reason with Aphrodite, otherwise I'll have to give Theo Horan to her." I told him, scanning Theo's profile.

"Theo Horan? That's Niall's nephew, I didn't know he was an angel." Harry said, glancing over my shoulder.

I sighed. "I wish I could do something special for Kade's birthday."