Chapter 45- In Charge

Zayn's POV (again . . . OH CRAP)

If Mason didn't show up in the next second, I would have no more nails to bite. I paced around in the ruins of Drew's old office. Mason had completely trashed it, saying Drew had no control and that he was a stupid bastard for ever falling in love.

Love.

Love is where fate put us all. Love basically killed us and screwed us over.

I started to hear the sound of feet against hard wood flooring. "Mason!"

"Ah, Zayn Malik. You're just the guy I wanted to see." He smirked, pulling a fresh black shirt over his damp hair. I could smell the familiar intoxicating smell I grew to love. He must've gone to stalk Karma's daughter again.

Bless her.

News travels fast when you, yourself, travel. "You killed her!"

He pursed his lips and huffed out, annoyed. "She got in the way."

I used my vampire speed and in a flash, I was in front of him. I pushed his chest. "I loved her! This wasn't part of the deal, I said you could have the girl, that's it, but you leave Karma out of it."

He smirked and chuckled. "Naive little vampires. Hasn't your bitch ever taught you, don't make a deal with the devil?"

I felt myself fuming and my eyes change to a deep shade of red. I was ready to snap this kid's neck and drain him, right here, right now.

"So what if she lived, huh? You wouldn't have her. Slut would still be at home, with her two husbands and rest of her entourage. And where would you be? Out on the streets, begging for spare change." That's it.

I lunged for his throat, but my airways were shut of. I took deep breaths, gasping for my lungs to open. Mason smirked and eyed me. "Tsk tsk, Mr. Malik. You forgot something. Im a Lybrid."

He walked around with his hand outstretched, tightening my airways with every flick of the wrist. Finally, he waved his hand upwards and my body dropped to the ground. I gasped for air.

"Curse the Moon Goddess for ever creating such horrid creatures." I muttered.

"Well if she was cursed, Karma would see to exist." He said, cockily.

"Just tell me what you want." I said through gritted teeth, rubbing my throat.

"Kade, does she remember you?"

"I doubt it. The only time she saw me was at that wedding I crashed. Why?" I scoffed.

"Perfect."

~

This bitch.

I knocked on the door of Karma's home, intricately running my fingers on the carvings on the doorway. Shame I can't barge in anymore.

A young girl, Kade obviously, dressed in pajamas opened the door. The wave of Karma's scent invaded my senses and feelings of sadness and anger boiled inside of me. "Yes?"

"Kade? I'm Zayn, I don't know if your mom mentioned me, but I was one of her friends." I said, awkwardly clearing my throat.

She looked me up and down. "She never mentioned a Zayn. Then again, she didn't really mention any other friends other than her mates." She seemed to catch herself. "I mean-"

"It's fine," I stopped her. "I'm a vampire."

"Oh, well um, come in."

I kept my gaze on the ground, not wanting the memories to haunt me more than they already have.

Did I do the right thing?

Obviously not. Karma ended up dead instead of here, by my side, alive and well. I was too greedy, too greedy for her touch, her kiss, her love.

"Zayn?" Kade poked my arm and I flickered my eyes towards her. "I asked if you wanted some tea."

"Oh, camomile, if you have some." She nodded, and put the kettle on.

"My mom didn't mention a name, but she did mention this one guy. This one guy who she really favored, more than the others. The way she described him . . . he looks like you." Kade handed me a steaming mug of tea.

Really, she favored me more? Then why did she marry Louis?

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, she said she would've married him. But, she knew love would complicate things. She couldn't choose Harry because he was too protective, same with Liam. Niall was too caring, she didn't want to fall too deep in love. But, Louis was carefree and calm about things."

"What do you mean she didn't want love to complicate things?" Didn't she want to love?

"What mattered to her most was peace. Love came second, she didn't want her love for one of the vampires to keep her from creating peace with the werewolves." Kade wiped a tear from her cheek then sipped her tea.

"Sorry if this is a sore subject." I apologized.

"It's fine, you'll get used to it. I just wish she was here. I have so many questions, basically living without a father." She looked at me carefully. "I can't get over how much you look like him. Perfect description."

"Listen," I changed subject. "Uh, if you need like a father figure, I can help you."

Kade could be my ticket to the life I never had with Karma.

"Thanks Zayn, I'll make sure to give you a call."

Kade seemed like such a sweet girl, why did Mason want to hurt her? Am I still doing the right thing?

OK SO KIND OF A SPOILER ALERT IDK, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOUUUUU!

SHOULD MARCEL BE KADE'S MATE

OR

SHOULD ZAYN?

Team Marcel?

Team Zayn?

Comment<>