Chapter 33- Reality

Kade's POV

I waved goodbye to my friends and waited for Andi, Edward, and Marcel to take me back home. Ever since Andi found out Edward was her guardian angel, he won't let her out of his sight. Marcel's been depressed that he hasn't found his special someone to guard yet.

Pretty soon I heard Andi's agitated voice. "Edward, I'm perfectly capable of crossing the street."

"Well what if a car hit you? Then I'd never forgive myself and just die!" One of his arms held her elbow and the other was wrapped around her waist. They looked like the cutest couple ever. And the oddest. Marcel rolled his eyes.

"Hey Kade, sorry I'm late. Eddy wouldn't leave until he did a search of Andiana's locker to make sure she didn't forget anything." Marcel opened the door for me so I could hop in.

"It's not my fault! I want my girlfriend to be happy and safe." My eyes bulged and I turned to Andi.

"Since when did this happen?"

"Since the tournament..." She played with the purple streak in her hair, something she did when she was nervous, even in elementary school.

"Huh, well congrats Andi." I hugged her tightly and she thanked me.

"Ok ok, be careful now, don't hurt her." Edward was practically having a mini heart attack in the passenger seat.

**

Andi managed to escape the hold of Edward and do homework at my house, which my mom doesn't mind. In fact, she said she can come over whenever she wants.

"Hey, what's eighteen times nine?" Andi asked with the pencil eraser between her teeth.

"162." I continued reading my science textbook. My phone rang and I didn't bother checking the ID.

"Hello."

"Kade? Kade is that you? It's Mason. Lux's older brother." I removed my phone from my ear and covered the bottom. I mouthed to Andi 'It's Mason!'

"Oh hey Mason." I said cooly. Andi wiggled her eyebrows so I chucked a pillow at her.

"Hey. So...there's the beginning of the year dance this Friday and-"

"Yes!" I shrieked.

"R-really? You would go with me?"

"Yeah, of course." I tried to keep my voice calm so he wouldn't think I was crazy.

"Ok cool! Um so I'll pick you up at seven."

"Ok, s-sounds good."

"Great, I'll see you then, then." He laughed a little then hang up.

I turned to Andi and we both started screaming. I know she was only doing it for my sake because she would never act that way on purpose.

"He asked me to the dance! Oh goddess, what am I going to wear?" I ran to my closet, ripping down my clothes from my hangers.

"You girly girls worry too much." She scoffed. Someone knocked on my door. My mom and Louis popped their heads in.

"Are you alright? I heard screaming." My mom lightly laughed.

"Mason asked me to the dance!"

"Oh that's wonderful, honey. What are you going to wear?" She gasped. See this is why I connect so much with my mom. "We'll have to go shopping to buy you the perfect dress that will bring Mason to his knees."

"Yeah well your dress better be below your knees." Louis said, sternly.

"Oh hush, Lou. She's mature even to wear short-ish dresses." My mom hit his chest jokingly. Andi and Louis stared at us like we were insane.

"And what about you, Andi? Is Eddy taking you?" I knew this would spark up a conversation with my mom and especially Harry.

"Did someone say my brother's name?" Harry popped his head in next to Louis.

"Edward is taking Andi to the dance." My mom smiled. Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Really?"

"No. Well I don't know. He hasn't asked me. We're only dating at the moment and he's my guardian angel." She smiled a small smile.

"Huh, I expected Marcel to find his special someone first. Well congratulations Andi. I will have a talk with my sweet, dear brother." Harry nodded before walking away.

**

I gaped at the beautiful underwater themed decorations. The lighting made the walls look like waves. There were giant paper mâché jellyfish hung from the ceilings and walls and seashells were scattered on white circular tables. I stared at how handsome Mason looked. He was wearing a black tux with a teal tie to match my dress and the white corsage I pinned on him. His hair was in his usual fluffy mess. My dress was floor length with blue, teal, and green fused together, decorated with sequins on the one shoulder strap. Aunt Stella did my hair in a braided bun to make it look like a rose in the center.

"You look beautiful." Mason said again, kissing my cheek. I hope he doesn't notice how red my cheeks are. Mason lead me to the dance floor and we were soon joined by Edward and Andi. Andi wore a knee length dark purple strapless gown. The tutu material made her look like a modern version of a princess. The top of her dress was decorated in beads. Her mom made it which made her look extra beautiful because of her mom's skill. Her hair was pulled back in a casual ponytail. Edward wore a grey tux with a dark purple tie to match and a violet corsage.

"Listen, Kade. We've known each other since we were kids. I guess I never had the courage until now, but I like you. A lot." His beautiful eyes stared into mine, almost captivating me.

"I like you too. Ever since I first saw you, actually." I looked down so I wouldn't embarrass myself.

He lifted my chin up. "Will you be my girlfriend?" My mouth opened to scream yes, but no words came out. So I nodded my head like an idiot.

He smiled and kissed my lips. The kiss was so passionate, it made my whole body numb and feel like jelly. It felt like my body was on fire and ice cold at the same time. When we pulled back, something in his eyes smiled and his scent was stronger. It smelled of a mix of cinnamon and apples.

"Mine." His rough, yet suddenly sexy voice made my heart stop. He kissed me again and it was like all emotion was draining out of his body and into the kiss, sweeping through my veins like heroine.

"Mate." I mumbled through the kiss. There were some human wolf whistles and cheering from the dateless guys at the dance.

"Why don't we ditch the dance and go on a real date?" He smiled. I nodded smiling back, happily.

I wanted to let Andi know we were leaving, but I was too happy to care. We walked down the street to the old fashioned diner where most teens go for prom dinner.

An old waitress dressed in a baby blue polo shirt, probably her uniform, sat is down at a window seat booth. I looked over the menu. The waitress brought us a chocolate milkshake with two straws. I felt like I was lovestruck in an old fashioned movie.

"I can't believe we're mates." I mumbled more to myself than to the public.

"I can." Mason smiled.

He leaned to kiss me gently on the lips.