All Things Go - Chapter Fifteen

Alyssa

"Come on, babe, just think about it," Derek sighed as he rested his head on my shoulder. "It'd be better for us and the baby. Don't get me wrong, I love the guys but do you really want to raise a baby around them? With all the weed, alcohol, and the parties?"

Derek suggested that we both get our own apartment. I mean, what he's saying makes complete sense but I just, I don't know. Of course I don't want to live with the guys for my whole life and I want to raise my baby outside of the parties and drugs but I don't even have a job.

"Babe, I don't even have a job," I stated the obvious and he groaned. "How are we going to afford rent, Derek?"

"Mami, I already told you that I'd take care of all the bills and stuff," he sighed and looked up at me. "You don't need to worry about finding a job or anything, I got it. Just don't even worry about that, alright?"

I sighed and looked at him. "What about when you're in the studio? Huh? 'Cause then I'll be all by myself for hours upon hours and I hate being by myself, Derek. I could always call up Lucy but I don't want to bother her. Are you even thinking any of this through?"

"Babe, you can come to the studio with me," he suggested with a loud sigh. "And once the baby's born, I'm going to take a year off my music. I know you don't want me to, but I'm going to. You and my child are way more important than my career will ever be, you come first no matter what. Just, please, think about it. And I mean really think about it, not just the negatives either."

I sighed and pulled out my phone to put on some music. I can't think without music, honestly. I don't know why, but music helps me think straighter.

'Skrt' by Kodak Black started to play. 

  Girl I'm done with you, girl we done it's through
I hit that n****for the work, stick and move, then I SKRT, SKRT, SKRT
SKRT, SKRT, what is up with you
I thought I said I'm done with you
Fuck my school and fuck my teacher too
Sniper on the roof, he playing peek-a-boo

Okay, so if Derek and I do get an apartment together it'd be a way better environment for the baby. It'd be quieter, less crowded, drug free, it'd just be better. That's all that matters, that my baby is safe and growing up in a healthy enviroment. Forget all the negatives, think positive.

"Fine, I'll get an apartment with you," I said and he smiled widely. "Because I want what's best for our baby."

"Thank you, baby! Well get up, lets go and start looking for an apartment," he stated while hopping off my bed. 

***

Bitch you lied to me talkin' 'bout you'll never break my heart
Bitch you lied to me talkin' 'bout that we were just in love
Baby girl it wasn't love, guess my love wasn't enough  

I sang along with the song that was playing through the speakers. I had the aux chord plugged into my phone and 'You Lied' by Rayy Dubb was playing. He's only 14, damn.

You was right I was wrong
Ya I should've never ever took her home
Ya I should've just boned
Ya fantasy on my phone
Ya hit it from the back watch a n**** bless you
Ya crying in my arms like a n**** wrecked you
Talking about a broken heart running to the restroom

'You Was Right' by Lil Uzi Vert started to play and I started singing along with the song. 

"Woah, I never thought you'd have a hood playlist," Derek laughed as he pulled into an apartment complex. We've been looking for the past hour and so far, nothing. "You a good girl with a hood playlist."

I laughed at his words and got out the car once he parked. Hopefully, this will be the last place we visit because I'm honestly so tired already and I hate apartment searching. It's so boring and tiring, I hate it.

We walked into the office at the front and a young girl greeted us. Her eyes immediately diverted to where Derek was standing and I mentally rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Hello, I'm Clarissa, how may I help you?" she asked with a small smile as she still stared at Derek. Yes, we get it, he's fine. But he's mine, so stop staring! 

"Uh me and my girlfriend are looking for an apartment," he stated and her smile slowly faded away. Aha, fuck you thought this was bitch? "We need something different for our baby that's on the way."

By this point, her smile was completely faded and she just sat there with a straight face. "Of course, what did you have in mind? A two bedroom, a one bedroom? What?"

"A two bedroom," I finally spoke and she finally took her eyes off Derek to look at me.

She nodded her head and gestured for us to follow her. 

Derek

I can't believe this is actually happening, Alyssa and I are getting our own place. Gosh, I love this girl so much I swear. Then we've got a baby on the way, I couldn't be more happier.

This girl holds a very special place in my heart and I am so glad that we met that one night at Nate's place. If I didn't go, I would've never slept with her and I would've never fell in love with this amazing girl and I definitely would not be having a child.

If Alyssa was just some random, I would definitely not step up and be a father to my child but damn, I love this girl so much and I want to start a family with her. I know I kind of freaked out when she first told me but then Swazz came and knocked some sense into me. 

Clarissa gestured for us to follow her somewhere in the back and I grabbed a hold of Alyssa's hand as we followed her to her office or whatever. I could tell that Clarissa was eyeing me and I know Alyssa noticed by the way she was glaring at her but I would never do anything with her or any other girl for that matter because Alyssa is my one and only.

"So, there is an apartment available that is a two bedroom and two bathroom. It has a view of the ocean would you like to see it?"

***

"So, what do you guys say? Will you take the apartment?"

I looked over at Alyssa who looked over at me with a small smile on her face. I nodded at her and she nodded back at me. "We'll take it."

"Alright, come back to my office with me and we'll sign the papers."

Author's Note 

Lil Uzi Vert and Kodak Black are so underappreciated, I hate it. And so is Lil Yachty and 21 Savage. 

If you ain't ever heard of them, go listen to them. They go hard bruh.