All Things Go - Chapter Thirty One

Song : Really Matter by Trill Sammy x Dice Soho

Alyssa || Three Weeks Later

I smiled lightly as Derek and I walked into the baby's nursery. The other day, Derek, Nate, and Swazz painted it a blue color and they all built the crib so Derek and I can finally decorate the room.  

"I can't wait until we can see our baby boy sleeping in his crib," I stated and placed my hand on the bar of the crib. "He's going to look so adorable sleeping here, aw."

Derek looked back at me and smiled. "I can't wait either, baby girl. He's going to look so much like the both of us. He'll have your eyes, my smile, and your cute little laugh. Man, I can't wait for the day I become a real daddy. Only a few more days."

"Where should we put the crib?" I asked and looked at the crib that was in the middle of the room. "It should be somewhere against the wall or something, not in the middle of the room."

***

Don't ask me why we waited until the last minute to decorate the room because I don't know why we did. We both like to wait until the last minute to do things but the nursery is finally done and it looks amazing.

It took a while because Derek couldn't build the changing the table. I told him to use the instructions but he never wants to listen to me so he tried to build it by himself. After about an hour of him trying it his way, he finally picked up the instructions.

We were both sitting on the couch when I felt my water break. [ lol I nons know how labor works, I do but I can't describe it well, so just bare with me. ] "Oh my God, D-Derek, my water just broke!" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

"You're lying," he gulped. "It's too early, you're not due until next week."

I shook my head. "The baby is coming right now, Derek, we need to get to a hospital right now!"

yall gon' hate me.