All Things Go - Chapter Twenty Four

Alyssa

     I'm not even mad that my mom basically banned from her wedding and her house. I could seriously care less, to be honest. She's been nothing but a bitch to me ever since Jeff and the girls moved into our house a few months ago.

The whole time I was in LA, she only called once and that was for wedding information. She never called to check up on me or see how everything's going, so why should I give a fuck about her wedding?

I tried so hard to hold it together for her because that's my mother, you know? I tried to be on my best behavior but fuck it, I give up. She clearly doesn't give a shit about me so why should I care about her?

She didn't even try to ask for my side of the story, she just straight up kicked me out of her house and wedding. 

"Baby, are you okay?" Derek asked me as I put my bags down by the door. "You haven't said a word the whole flight."

I nodded my head and shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not going to sit here and trip about it because she clearly doesn't give a fuck about me. All she cares about is her damn self, it's always been that way."

"She seemed like a nice person, though."

I shook my head and let out a little laugh. "She just puts on that act, Derek. She's probably the biggest bitch you'd ever meet, well maybe she's just that way towards her kids, I don't know. She was a terrible fucking person up until a few years ago when she became a lawyer. She still had her bitchy ways but she got better."

"Want to talk about it?" He asked, pulling me in for a hug. I nodded and he brought us to the couch. "Tell me about your mother, you never told me anything about her."

I let out a little sigh and looked over at him. "Before my dad was arrested, she was nice. She actually cared about us. She would do anything and everything for us but then when she found out my dad cheated and he got arrested, she became a real bitch."

"She'd go out every night and come back home drunk as hell with some random ass man she met at a bar," I continued with a sigh. "Shit, sometimes she wouldn't even come home. She was hardly ever home. She left Josh, Max, and I by ourselves. It became so bad, my brother told my grandma about it and she came to live with us for a little bit."

I felt my eyes get watery thinking back at all the fucked up shit my mom used to do when I was younger. "My grandma basically raised us, my mom didn't do shit. She was depressed and I guess drinking and shit was her way of coping with everything."

"She met this guy, Cameron's father, and well, she got out of her funk," I continued on with my story as Derek just looked at me, listening to every word I was saying. "They were together for a while, she found out she was pregnant, he left her. Instead of her going back to the way she was before, she got her shit together and went back to school to become a lawyer. She became somewhat nicer but she always expected everything to be perfect. I mean, she didn't care about my behavior or anything because like I said, it seemed like she never gave a fuck about me."

I wiped away the tears that fell and I shook my head. "I don't want our child to grow up the way I did, Derek. I want our child to have a childhood without worrying about where their mother's at or how their dad's doing in jail. I want our kid to have the life that I didn't."

He pulled me in for a hug as I cried in his chest. "Mami, don't worry. We're going to do it right, I promise. Our child will have the childhood that we didn't have. Our baby won't have to deal with the things that we had to deal with. That's a promise."

Author's note

   People : Oh, so you think you're cute?

Me :

So I started listening to 'JayteKz' and his shit really put me in my feelings, no fucking joke man! I'm just chillin in my room @ 1:40 am, thinkin bout life while listening to his music

So I started listening to 'JayteKz' and his shit really put me in my feelings, no fucking joke man! I'm just chillin in my room @ 1:40 am, thinkin bout life while listening to his music. I used to listen to him a while ago and osrs, his music really speaks to me.