Chapter 38

"Are you enjoying the sun?" A voice spoke to the right of me. I opened my eyes to the beautiful sun shining on me. The sound of crashing waves, seagulls, laughing children and parents filled my ears.

I was on a beach, and it was absolutely beautiful outside.

I saw my parents in the distance playing in the water. They were splashing each other and for the first time in what seemed like years, they were laughing and kissing each other. Completely filled with happiness.

I smiled, and looked to my right to see who the person is talking to me.

Her beautiful blue eyes met mine.

"Bella...." I said sitting up a bit.

She let out a laugh, and looked at our parents. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"...I wanted to be like that...I wanted to grow old and have children, have a husband that loved me....too bad how things worked out..." She spoke.

I took my eyes off of her, and then looked at my parents.

This is just a dream.

I laid back down on my elbows.

"It must be hard on you. They work 24/7 to escape the pain they feel inside....you guys don't even spend time with each other.............I'm sorry that I did that to you guys, sorry for what I did to you." Bella said.

I closed my eyes, as I felt an emotional pain run throughout my body. Things have never been normal for me, but there's no one to blame for that.

Bella couldn't control it. She loved us, she loved me, but everything got the best of her.

"It's okay Bella.....I forgive you.." I spoke.

We sat in silence.

"You're strong...you know that right?" I heard her sniffle. I continued to keep my eyes closed though, not wanting to see her crying.

I don't know if I'm that strong Bella, I don't know if I'm that strong.

I jolted awake. My mouth was covered with duck tape, and my hands and feet were tied. My bare stomach was exposed, and there was a deep cut in it. Blood was oozing out of it slowly.

I couldn't move.

I had a pounding headache, and could barely keep one of my eyes open.

I was curious to what had happened, or where was I, but then I remembered everything.

I'm in "Blaire's" poorly lit dining room on the floor.

It has to be at least 10:00pm now, where are my parents?  Where are the cops? There had to be someone that noticed the blood or dead bodies in the streets. There has to be someone looking for me.

Unless they were cleaned up.

I looked around moving my head to see if I could spot anything else, but as I looked to the right, there he was.

Danny.

He was laying right next to me on the floor, tied up as well beaten badly, and had duct tape covering his mouth.

He was unrecognizable.

An upside down cross was cut on the front of his forehead, and his face was bruised and cut so badly, he looked purple.

All over his body, he was covered in dried blood, and looked as if he hadn't eaten in weeks. He looked like he lost at least thirty pounds.

My eyes widened as my breathing got heavier.