Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing, meaning that today was a fresh new day at school, how great.

I got out of my bed, and went to the bathroom to prepare myself for today. Once that was done, I went downstairs into the kitchen where my parents were making breakfast.

"Morning sleepy head." My dad said pouring a cup of coffee for himself. When isn't that man drinking coffee.

"Good Morning." I said smiling at both of my parents, and taking a seat on a stool at the island. My mom just finished making eggs and bacon, so she grabbed a plate for me, put the food on there, and gave it to me. Of course it was absolutely delicious like always.

Once I was finished, I got up and poured myself a glass of water. While in the process of doing so, the thought of how my parents didn't check up on me last night came about. Usually they're so strict, and would have been waiting for me to come home. They had a hard time even letting me go to sixflags with everyone.

"Mom and Dad, how come you guys didn't check up on me last night?" I questioned taking a sip out of my glass of water.

"What do you mean?" My mom spoke cleaning the pans she made the food in.

"Well I mean, usually you guys would have waited for me to get home, and well I got home pretty late which is something I would have gotten yelled at for." Both of my parents had a confused look on their face.

"Late? Weren't  you home around 9:30?" My dad questioned pouring himself another cup of coffee. I focused on the coffee as it poured into the cup slowly. The aroma of it filled the air.

"No, I got home around 12, maybe a little past that.." I said beginning to grab my bookbag that I placed on the ground.

"Your light was on in your room, and we heard you in there." My mom said looking at me. What the heck. I stared back at my parents crossing my arms.

"No..I came home around 12..maybe you guys were just hearing my window. I must have left it open, and it was pretty windy last night. I can't explain the light thing though, because when I came home it was off."

"Oh well." My mom spoke trying not to think too much into it. I'm still shocked at how they aren't yelling at me admitting that I came home past 12. They must be tired.

"Well it's just weird because I.......swear I heard someone say my name last night while I was in the shower. I thought it was just my imagination, but now you guys saying all of this...could someone have broken into our house last night?" 

My dad gulped down a sip of his coffee. 

"Wouldn't they have taken something if they did? Or, we would've at least heard them walking throughout the whole entire house.-"

"-but-"

"-No but's Rose. This neighborhood is pretty safe, stop with all of this....and go to bed early tonight...you look exhausted. No wonder why you're hearing things."

The doorbell then rung meaning that it was Danny. We were going to drive to school together today.

I without saying goodbye to my parents, I walked away still questioning what happened last night.

How was my light on?

As I went to the door and opened it, I saw a tired/half asleep Danny. I laughed, and the thought of what happened last night suddenly erased in my head.