Chapter 6

I slowly opened my eyes to see a bright light blinding them. I put hands on my eyes and that very action hurt my head. I slowly stood up and found myself in some weird pj's. It was a long dress with very uncomfortable fabric. I looked around the unfamiliar room. It was brown. I then saw someone sleeping in a chair in the corner of the room.

I looked closer and recognised the person. It was Bennett, looking uncomfortable in that chair. I slowly stood up, taking the covers with me. I covered him and went to open the door. I found a lady wearing a long white and black dress. She bowed before speaking.

"Good morning miss, how are you feeling today?"

"A little tired?" She looked confused at my response.

"Do you want me to get your bath and clothes ready?"

"Yes, please." She smiled and told me to follow her, so I did. We walked to the end of the hallway until she opened a door. She then opened the windows and covered them with a light curtain so people wouldn't be able to look through. She heated some water over a fire and poured half of it in one bucket and the other half in another bucket. The lady went out and came back shortly with a bunch of items in her hand

"Miss, I placed some soap beside that bucket, and here are some clothes and some fabric to dry yourself. Do you need me to help you with your bath?"

"No, but thanks for everything." She nodded her head and bowed before leaving. I closed the door with the chair that the lady put the clothes on. Can you believe it? They don't have locks, or towels, or even electricity! How do they live in this world? I guess I need to figure some things out.

I removed my clothes and placed them beside the clean ones. I sat in the big bucket and used this cup and poured water all over my self before washing up with the soap. GOD, I missed my vanilla soap, but this isn't bad smelling, it smells like lavender or roses, I'm not sure.

I finished cleaning up and took some hot water from the bucket and swished it around my mouth. I got into the dress the lady gave me. It was long, puffy, and was purple with a black bow in the back. I brushed my hair with a comb and put it into a side braid.

When I was done, I didn't know what to do, so I placed the clothes in the chair and placed the soap back into its place. I moved the chair and got out the "bathroom". I smelled something delicious so I followed the smell and it went downstairs. I kept walking and saw a big (really big) dining table and walked more where the smell was stronger and it lead me to some type of kitchen. A few lady's were going around, getting things and cooking.

"Excuse me, but what are you cooking, I am quite hungry." They turned around and looked at me. They bowed and the one that looked oldest then spoke up.

"Good morning miss, we are making your favourite pancakes with honey and some tea. It will be all ready in a few minutes."

"Thank you." I said.

They went back to work and I decided to eat first theh tour around the place. It looked big like they said. In few minutes, the kitchen ladies set the table and placed a plate that had pancakes covered with honey and a cup of tea beside it.

I ate it and it  actually didn't taste bad. When I was done, I took my plate, cup, and fork and was about to clean them when a girl that looked younger then me took them.

"I will do it miss, don't worry about it." She smiled, but I took it back.

"It's fine dear, I can do them myself. It's only fair, I was the one who ate in them." I smiled at her and proceeded to clean them. Everyone seemed shocked. I guess the person who they think is me didn't do such things. Oh,well.

When I was done, I dried my hands on a cloth and looked at them.

"Did all of you eat breakfast?" They looked at each other oddly.

"No miss, you asked us not to eat breakfast."

"Me? That's nonsense. You should eat three meals a day, maybe even more if you like. I will help you with lunch and dinner and we shall eat, all of us together at the table. Ok?"

"As you wish miss."

"Please call me Abigail, and do you want help with making breakfast for everyone else?"

"No miss, um Abigail, we can do it."

"Ok, well call me when you are going to start preparing lunch so I can help. How many people are their living in the land?"

"About 50-60 people, Abigail."

"Ok then, call me if you need any help, and make sure everyone eats, ok?"

She nodded and bowed.

"Oh, and stop bowing." She nodded again and I walked out. I started going through the hall way, when I bumped into the wall. I almost hit the floor until something caught me, keeping me balanced. Wait, walls don't have strong, muscling hands. I looked up and smiled.

"I'm so sorry miss, I didn't see where I was going." He helped me stand up, but he kept his hands on my arm. I stepped back and looked at him.

"It's fine, Bennett, and please call me Abigail. How did you sleep?"

"I slept fine, Abigail. How is your head?"

"Its better, thanks for taking care of me and for coming back. I know that the chair was uncomfortable."

"It's really fine, Abigail. I need to go check on the horses."

"Wait, don't you need to eat breakfast first?"

"I don't eat breakfast, Abigail."

"Nonsense, breakfast will be ready soon. There is enough time for you to check on the horses, and come back."

He smiled and nodded. "Very well then."

He walked past me and I continued looking around the house. There was maybe 5 floors and there was many rooms that were empty. The floor that was the fifth had a few rooms, unlike the other floors. There was my room, and there was a room that was filled with shelfs that had many books. There was a fire place with 3 large chairs. I closed the door and went to another room. It was closer to my room and it looked like a baby lived here. There was toys and it was white and had a little white beautiful crib. There was a sort of changing table. I closed that door and headed to another room. It was a sort of comfy looking room. There was a desk and there was a few couches on all sides. One of them that was the biggest was facing a large window. I walked out and went downstairs. I walked out again and it was beautiful. There was huge green lands ahead and there was a big ranch. You can hear the horses.

I walked around the house and there was a lake at the back with swans and it was also beautiful. There was a tree and hanging from if it was a swing. I had some flash backs. It was Conner and Elizabeth. Everything just happened so fast. My heart was broken, and I felt something wet on my cheek. I put my hand on it and realized I was crying. I tucked my feet under my hands and put my head in between. I cried softly until I felt a tap on my back. I didn't want to look at whoever they were. I didn't want them to see me like that  so I kept my head tucked. When I felt a pair of strong hands wrap around my shoulders I looked up and faintly smiled. Bennett wrapped his arms around me and let me cry on his shoulder for a few minutes.

I pulled back and he handed me a cloth. I cleaned my eyes and cheeks. I looked down and whispered, "Thanks." He lifted my chin up.

"Do younwant to talk about it?" I nodded my head so he stood and helped me up.

"I need to go check on the horses, do you want to join me, Abigail?"

"Ummm, im, ummm, afraid of, umm, them." I looked down again, but he lifted my head.

"It's ok, I will help you get rid of your fears, step by step. Ok?" I nodded again when I heard the same old lady call my name. I need to learn there names.

"I have to go, I will see you at lunch time." I waved goodbye and walked towards the house