Prologue

Prologue:

Trey Denver:

"Get out of the house, Trey! You're not welcome here. Didn't we tell you last week?" My so called 'mother' shouted at me with her pale face going bright red and her nose scrunching up.

My eyes bored into the white tiles and I sucked in a raspy breath, scared to look back up towards my mother.

Her hand reached towards me, latching around my neck making me choke as I tried to breath through my nose.

"You coward! Look me in the eyes." My mother cried out shaking my trembling body.

I glared at my mother as I moved my head upwards slightly so that my bright green eyes met her blue ones.

Ellie Roger:

"Have you done your homework sweetie?" My dad smiled sweetly at me.

I fiddled with the rim of my glasses and smiled back at him.

"Yes, Daddy."

"Good Girl. Your mother is cooking dinner. Do be ready." My dad turned around on the tips of his toes and walked quickly out of the room.

I closed my eyes and lent my forehead onto the cool surface of my messy desk.

Max Henderson:

"Max! Maxine!" My Mum called out to my twin sister and I.

Before I exited my bedroom I checked my iPhone 5s greedily but instantaneously felt guilty.

I had to remember that not all people were as fortunate and rich as I was.

My lock screen was lit up brightly and the picture of my best friend and I showed up on the lock screen.

I hastily answered the vibrating black phone and answered with, "hello."

Maxine Henderson:

"Max! Maxine!" I heard my mum shout out calmly despite the fact this was the third time she had called us.

I sighed and pressed the X button on my Apple Mac computer.

My petition page disappeared and I reluctantly stood up flattening my floral skirt.

I looked myself over in the mirror in order to make sure I looked alright.

My makeup remained in tack as well as my clothes so I turned and walked out the door with a fake smile plastered onto my face.

Sawyer Sadie:

"I hate you!" My father growled at my mother causing me to flinch.

My pen made a small circle on the piece of white paper and I shoved my black headphones in my ears to block out the noise.

An assurance that I wouldn't end up crying again and wake up with puffy, red eyes.

Looking upwards I faced the mirror, my reflection staring at me and groaned in annoyance.

Why?

Lincoln Xavier:

"We have to break up Lincoln, I'm sorry." Lydia, my ex girlfriend said glumly.

The next day I had gone to her house with a stone cold expression.

Opening the wooden door I entered her small, empty house and made my way over towards her bedroom.

Knocking on the door I didn't hear a word so I took it upon myself to open the door and the image that came with it I could never forget.

I bolted in an upright position sweat pouring from my face and my lip quivered at the sight of that memory.

Narrator:

The core of the problems are all evident but hidden when not in the environment.

So do you really know absolutely everything about your friends? Your fellow students?

No matter what people do, and no matter what people say we're all still getting judged by the people in school.

Why?

Simple, let me explain it to you.

We get judged by people because it's a natural habit for a human to have an opinion on somebody.

What are some of the opinions out there?

Well the mains ones are; how fat or skinny you are, how pretty or ugly you are, how nice or mean are they and what will others think about me if I just started hanging out with that weird guy/girl?

There are some people out there who couldn't care less about what others thought about them and let's think about this.

If nobody ever cared about what others thought about them, if nobody ever judged people for being themselves, what would happen?

It would sure be something to see, but I'll tell you what may or may not happen.

The world would change, that's for sure and people would most likely dress in track suit pants, announce very openly to people about being gay or bisexual, knowing nobody would care, that they'd still treat them the same.

People wouldn't go around calling people ugly or fat, because people wouldn't care.

There would be less depression, anorexia, bulimia and people committing suicide because of bullying and others judging them.

No, I'm not saying it would suddenly disappear from the world, because let's face it, nothing's going to stop loved ones from getting sick or getting into a crash of some sort and dying.

It's just the painful truth, but they're what people are suppose to be dying from, not from kids and teenagers who take it upon themselves to hurt somebody so bad that they no longer wish to live their lives.

Maybe there'll still be family issues that makes kids hurt, but let's face it parents judge too.

They judge us on our ability to perform and what we do with ourselves in our lives, sure they love us but you have to admit that they'd be disappointed in you if you were really smart and all the sudden your marks are lower than ever, or you've been in trouble at school for something.

I'm not trying to say all parents are like this, but let's look at this, are parents part of our problems?

They sure are for Trey Denver, Ellie Roger, Max and Maxine Henderson and Sawyer Sadie.

Now Lincoln is in a different equation all together, but really are they all too different?