Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Ellie Roger:

My eyes snapped open at the ringing of my phone and I blinked my eyes multiple times.

Who would call at this time?

I reached over to grab my phone as I sat up in bed.

"Hello?" I answered the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID as I was too tired.

"You sound sleepy. Did I wake you up?" Said a males voice.

"Yeah you did." I answered groggily.

"Sorry bub I didn't mean to wake you up." Alex asked me with loud noises going off in the background.

I ran a hand through my messy, black bed hair and laughed as quietly as possible, knowing that my mum and dad would be asleep in the room beside mine.

"It's okay. How's the party?" I asked him, curious as to how much fun he was having.

"It's good and don't worry I'm not drunk." Alex said in joking tone.

"Who said i was worried about that?" I asked him laughing.

I heard a brief moment of silence before Alex replied and I could just picture him smirking weirdly at nothing and his friends asking him why he was smirking for no apparent reason.

This caused me to smile.

"Um, oh you know..." He trailed off.

I shook my head at me him even though he couldn't see what I was doing.

"That you are making up stories again?" I asked him.

"Maybe, maybe not." Alex said and I could just imagine the smile that would appear on his face.

I loved his smile.

"Alex it's getting late. Can I call you tomorrow morning before school? Or do you want me to sneak to the party?" I suggested, knowing that my boyfriend would love the sound of that even though I knew he wouldn't allow it because he was protective over me.

Feeling a shiver run up my spine I pulled my sheets further up my body and snuggled into them, stifling a yawn.

"Sneak to the party? You'll get in trouble though." He pouted and I could picture his lips formed in a frown abc his eyes staring at the floor if the house he was in.

I sighed, knowing that he was right.

"I know. I just want to go to be with you." I said, frowning.

"I'm sorry princess. How about I escape the party and sneak into your bedroom. It'd be easier than you going to the party." He said in a suggesting tone.

"No it's okay. I know you love partying." I said with disappointment.

"No, it's decided I'm coming over. I'll see you then." Alex said to me before cutting the phone off so that I couldn't protest.

I sighed and sat my phone beside the pillow and laid back down, staring at the roof even though it wasn't very exciting.

My eye kids snapped shut but I compelled them to open.

I couldn't fall asleep, I needed to see Alex.

I rolled over onto my side and pushed my hair back with my hand, listening to the crickets croaky noises.

I wondered how long it would take for Alex to why here.

Maybe I could slip in a few minutes if sleep.