Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Maxine Henderson:

"Do you want me to read you a story, there's lots to choose from?" I asked the little girl who was sitting in my lap snuggling up against my body.

"Yes!" She squealed causing me to smile at the little girl.

"Okay, what one?" I asked her.

Saffron jumped up from my lap and raced over to the bookshelf over to the far corner.

The bookshelf was a dark brown with four long rows with books lined up across all of them.

There was a row of children's books that my dad used to read to me when I was little and the next two rows were books that helped me with research for school and things.

Mum and dad had bought them for Max and I so that we could study and get good marks.

The last row was filled with novels that I had bought and gave away to the poor people so they could have some entertainment with reading.

Saffron stared at the shelves, tilting her head to the side.

She pointed one of her fingers at the first book sons attempted to read the title out loud.

"Wire Tea Weld Ting's Are." Saffron said and looked at me with a small smile on her still dirty face which reminded me that I needed to clean her up.

I shook my head at the little girl and laughed.

"That's Where The Wild Things Are. Have you read that book before?" I smiled at her and she giggled, running to my bed where she jumped onto it.

"What are you doing miss?" I said to her as she picked the little bear up that I had on my pillow.

"I like this bear. It's so cute." She squealed, hugging the white bear.

"It's yours Saffron."

"Really?" She gleamed, jumping up and down on the bed in excitement.

"Yes, I bought it just for you." I told the girl truthfully.

"Now before I read this book to you I think you need to clean that dirt off your face."

The little girl frowned and sat on my bed, staring at the bed covers they I had just changed from flowers to stripes that afternoon, before Max had come into my room.

I decided that the flowers on the bead spread was too much for older people.

These ones were much nicer.

"Yes, now come on I'll take you to the closest bathroom." I said to her and grabbed her tiny hand in mine, leading her to the bathroom down the hallway.

When I got to the doorway I opened the door to reveal two sinks on the wall across from where I was standing and there was a bath tub sitting next to me.

The bath was really pretty with its charcoal outsides that matched the colour if the tiles.

The top of it was a glossy white colour with a tap that had little gems covered on it, making the tap look really expensive.

My eyes darted to the other side of the bathroom where the was a curve in the wall.

I spotted the toilet along with a shower next to it and I laughed silently at why in earth there was a shower right next to the toilet.

I met my eyes back to Saffron who was looking at the bathroom in awe.

"Pretty." She said, her mouth slightly open and her eyes narrowed.